Episode 2: Katniss Everdeen

Začít od začátku

"Keep your word, okay?" Lila spoke, getting into the car.

"I will. I promise." Clint smiled, closing the door for her, "You guys be safe, okay?"

"Okay."

"Call me when you get home? I love you."

"Bye, Dad," Nate called, waving at Clint.

"Bye, Dad. Don’t worry. I got this."

"Cooper, you do not got this," Lila scolded.

"Ha!" Tony chortled, drinking some cola.

"Love you!" Nathaniel yelled. Clint smiled at his family before they drove away.

The scene changed to Kate's Aunt's apartment. The News blared in the background as Pizza Dog feasted on another slice.

"You should really stop giving that dog pizza," Steve warned, looking nervous for the wellfare of Pizza Dog.

"But it's in his name!" Kate argued, "he likes it! I'm sure he's fine. He's fine."

"A major NYPD investigation is underway. New York socialite Armand Ducane was found dead in his home last night. Witnesses saw a mysterious figure leaving the scene." The Newscaster announced.

"Oh no-" Bucky exhaled.

"You were seen," Sam groaned.

"But that’s…" Kate stuttered, watching the screen anxiously. She turned her head as Clint entered the room, his eyes also on the television.

"Yeah," he nodded.

"The description matches the masked assailant from last night’s auction robbery. These two events have officials wondering if indeed, the Ronin has returned to New York City, if he may be responsible for Armand Ducane’s death, and what he may do next," the newscaster added dramatically.

"Well that was a bit over the top," Tony rolled his eyes, "dramatic, much?"

"Says you, Tony," Steve smirked.

"Oh, my God. Wait. Wait, they think I… They think I’m that… vigilante?" Kate stammered, shaking her head.

Bruce grimaced: this wasn't going to end well.

"It’s been less than 24 hours, you’ve been on the news twice. Impressive. Told you that suit was bad news." Clint walked towards the kitchen.

"Very," Vision agreed.

"Clint, I gotta go," Kate announced, stress radiating from her.

Sounds of protest filled the room as they glared at Kate.

"Um what?"

"Yeah... no. That's not what we're gonna do."

"That is an awful idea."

"No."

"Uh, no, no, no. That is, uh, the last thing you need to do, actually. Let’s not forget the Tracksuit guys trying to kill you twice yesterday. I’m going to find this suit, and until I do, you’re gonna stay put," Clint insisted, throwing his rucksack on the table, "It’s not safe, obviously."

"For once," Tony started, "I agree with Barton."

"Thanks Tony," Clint smiled sarcastically, flipping him off.

"Not showing up at work is not safe," Kate argued, "My mom is already high strung. Surprised she hasn’t called me already."

"Just stay put, please," Clint requested, worried.