🎯Chapter 36🎯

Începe de la început

"Really? I possibly know who you're speaking about. He was the loyal dog to a family. He may be a coward, but when he's serious, he's not one to be underestimated."

"Really? What family?" Emma joined the conversation.

"That would be a secret. Their name is not to be said. But I do know that there is one living descendant. However, they are hiding somewhere I presume."

"May I pet your monkey? Palvus, was it?" Y/n asked, getting up and walking towards the large demon.

Lewis shrugged his shoulders and Palvus jumped onto Y/n's outstretched arm.

"He really is a fascinating creature." Y/n said, scratching Palvus's head.

-----

"Hmm. This has been a nice conversation. It's not every day that I speak with those of intelligent minds. But, your 10 minutes are almost gone. None of your comrades have shown up, Y/n, Emma."

"Out of your comrades, no one has shown up either." Emma said.

"Hahaha! So that's how it is. Of course, they haven't because they have all left this world. A whistle sounds every time one is defeated. There have been two so far. The first one down was Luce and the second was Bayon. Nous and Nouma have also disappeared. The third whistle will sound soon."

"So that was your guess." Emma said.

"Comrades, huh? I've never had such feelings, but being in this situation now, it indeed does feel sad. Especially Bayon. I've known him for a long time, although we agreed on few things. Before the promise, we used to hunt together. True hunting that is. He was a truly pathetic man. But it must have been fun, right?"

Then, in an instant, Lewis appeared behind both children.

"It's truly splendid!"

Y/n and Emma turned their heads and looked back at him, surprised.

"Despite being rabbits, you all defeated a tiger. Amazing. This is a real human. I'll be able to relieve my loneliness. So I wonder how many will remain. I wonder how many will come. If all of them are dead, will you two face me on your own?"

Emma stood unwavering as Y/n had his hands behind his head, looking straight at Lewis.

"Now, your 10 minutes are just about up. 3 more seconds. 3...2...1..."

They stood silent.

"Right now, I see you two and you two only. Will anyone else manage to arrive? If not, will you be able to face me on your own?"

'They're here. But only Nigel. Nigel is where Oliver should be right now, and none of the others are in position. So, Oliver is out of the fight. And Sandy's group...But I can't say that they're unharmed. Maybe...We can still fight if it's the worst situation.  We can still win if it's the worst situation. But, how? I need to think. What different measures can I take? No matter how difficult it is, I will destroy this place so nobody has to suffer...so everyone can keep living...The hope that Mr.Minerva left behind for us, and for everyone back at the shelter. This is the future that I want to achieve. I can't die here and I won't let anyone else get killed. But to do that...' Emma thought.

"Seeing your ideals, your choices, kill your friends." Mister said.

"Is something wrong, Emma?"

"Do we have to kill each other?" Emma asked.

"Huh?" Y/n and Lewis said in surprise.

"Don't you have a choice not to fight?" Emma asked.