♔19

"Is it really because of that?" Jaemin muttered to himself as he stared at his own reflection. His eyes glowed under the lights of the bathroom. They were really caused by...

magical puberty?

This was too disturbing to think about, and Jaemin sighed heavily before walking back to his bed. Taeyong didn't seem like he was joking though. Jaemin was teetering between believing and accepting what he had said, but another part of him stubbornly refused to even think about it.

Jaemin wondered if there'd be any other changes to his body during this stage. And how long did it last? And was that the reason why Taeyong kept looking at him whenever he looked at him, was it because he wanted to see if he had hit puberty yet?

Several questions that would have to be answered tomorrow.

Jaemin let the thought drag him to his slumber.

♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔

"Hi," Donghyuck said when Jeno's eyes blinked open - his vision still blurry, but from the sassy tone of voice and the way he held himself, he could tell it was Donghyuck.

"What are you doing here?"

It was way too early in the morning for this, Jeno thought, and didn't even bother to question how long he had been watching him sleep or how long he'd been there.

Donghyuck pulled a pillow away from Jeno's arms and hit him with it; effectively jolting Jeno awake from his potentially continuable slumber. "I came to call you for tea you pig. Now get your lazy ass out of the bed." 

Jeno groaned in despair as Donghyuck warps away, and he got up to get changed.

"Wait," Jeno tilts his head a little, frown on his face, "did you say tea?"

♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔

Jeno is very relieved when he notices that he's not the only one that had to be dragged out of bed. Jaemin is looking rather dazed and out of it too, eyes staring off into space.

Taeyong, however, seems to be perfectly well and rested, although he had helped Jeno drift into sleep and had checked up on everyone else. Did he not need sleep to function? His eyes glittered with unspoken humour when both Jaemin and Jeno sat down heavily on the cushioned seats.

"How are you both?" He asked sweetly while he buttered a piece of toast for Dongbaek.

"Tired," they replied at the same time, and while Jeno's heart sparked even at just saying the same thing as his soulmate; Jaemin simply sank further into the pillow.

Jeno hoped he wouldn't fall asleep in the middle of tea.

"Did you not sleep well, Nana?" Taeyong asked, he didn't need to ask Jeno about it, given that he had spent time with his son long enough to know.

"Huh?" Jaemin said, blinking sleepily, "Oh, no I did."

"We're not that gullible," Dongbaek said, spreading butter messily over a bunch of other pieces of toast. Jeno wondered if she was really going to eat all of them.

Jaemin only yawned, and that itself served more than enough as a response.

"Too much toast isn't very good for you, sweetie," Taeyong pulled a piece of bread from her hands gently and set it on Jeno's plate.

"Where's Dad?"

Taeyong waved a pastry around vaguely while Dongbaek tried to snatch it from his grip, "You know...doing Santa things."