What was she doing? Did she really have... feelings? For Carly? She couldn't.

She could.

Deanna groaned and fell back onto her bed. This was bad. This was more than bad. She was doomed. Why did she allow herself to get this close to the younger girl? Since when did she become so soft?

Since Carly.

Deanna rolled over and buried her head in a pillow, groaning in frustration. Deanna hated feelings more than anything. But now here she was, being pulled towards Carly.

Carly! Of all people. Deanna was falling for the girl who she had labeled as her sworn enemy for all these years. But no matter how hard she tried, there was no way she could find a trace of the girl she had once hated in Carly.

This needed to stop. She needed to block herself off. This couldn't go any further than it already had. Suddenly, the image of kissing Carly's soft pink lips flashed into her memory and Deanna felt her heart flutter.

She had to stop this. She couldn't fall for Carly. For all she knew, Carly didn't even have any idea what love was. Deanna forced herself to pull out her phone, her fingers quickly tapping across the keyboard.

[7:32 - Deanna] Can one of you make Carly sleep in your room tonight? I don't want her in mine.

Deanna bit her lip. She knew it was harsh, but she couldn't risk getting hurt. She couldn't allow her feelings for the girl to develop even more.

[7:34 - Eya] I'll take care of it. You okay?

The older girl quickly got up, locking her door just in case Carly got any ideas. She sat down on the floor in the middle of her room and pulled her sketchbook out of her bag, staring at it blankly.

[7:39 - Deanna] I will be.

She locked her phone and spun her pencil around in her hand a few times. Nothing interesting came to her mind as she tried to think of something to draw. She needed to distract herself from Carly.

Deanna lay down, propping her head up with her hand as she began aimlessly doodling on the paper. A few minutes later, an eye appeared, and Deanna studied it for a moment before groaning and slamming her pencil down. Carly's eye.

Carly's eyes. Carly's face. Carly.

That was all Deanna could think about. She quickly ripped the piece of paper from the sketchbook and sent it flying across the room. Forcing her eyes back down on a new piece of paper, Deanna bit her lip as she began sketching once more.

Lips. Carly's lips.

Carly.

Carly. Carly. Carly.

Deanna huffed, giving up and shoving her sketchbook across the floor. She rolled onto her back and stared up at her cracked ceiling. This wasn't good. These were new feelings for her, and no matter how euphoric they felt, she wouldn't allow herself to take them any further. She would not get hurt. She wouldn't.

After staring at the ceiling for god knows how long, Deanna dragged herself off of the floor and into her bed. She put in her headphones, blasting her music so she wouldn't have to hear Carly's disappointment when Eya wouldn't let her into Deanna's room.

Eventually she fell asleep. Of course Carly was in her dreams. Of course. Deanna couldn't even control her feelings in her dreams. She was awoken by a buzzing. At first, she thought she was delusional and ignored it. But a few minutes later it happened again, and she lifted her head slowly. Two new messages flashed across the screen of her phone.