Chapter 1: The store is now closed

En başından başla

"Lynn, get down please." Leni begged. She looked around frantically to see if there was any staff nearby. If someone saw Lynn climbing these shelves they would both be in a lot of trouble. But even worse than that, if Lynn fell, she could get very, very hurt. She could get a concussion or worse. Was this fall high enough to kill someone.

As mad as Leni was at her little sister, she also didn't want to lose her, or for her to get hurt.

Before she even knew what she was doing, Leni started climbing after her little sister.

"Lynn why are you..." Leni said before her eyes caught sight of the vastness of the Ikea.

"What is this place?" Lynn asked.

"I swear this place wasn't nearly this big when we came in here." Leni said.

The two girls climbed back down.

"Ok so clearly something all supernaturaly is going on here." Lynn said.

Leni held her head and sat down on the floor. "ooohhh."

"Leni are you ok?" Lynn asked.

"Yeah, I'm just... so confused." Leni said. Leni was the kind of girl who got confused easily. She didn't always see the world the same way everyone else did and couldn't understand certain things. Was she just having one of her moments?

"Leni it's ok." Lynn assured her. "I'm confused too."

"You are?" Leni got back to her feet. "It's not just me?"

"Hey, there's someone who works here. Let's ask them how to get out of here." Lynn pointed to what looked like a tall man in an Ikea uniform.

As they got closer they realized the figure was just what looked like a mannequin wearing the uniform of an employee.

"Ok now that's weird." Lynn said.

"Excuse me." Leni asked the mannequin. "Me and my sister are lost. Can you tell us how to get out of here."

"Uh Leni, it's just a mannequin. He can't hear you." Lynn said.

"Why, is he deaf?" Leni.

Lynn facepalmed. "Mannequins aren't living things genius. He's like a big doll. An inanimate object."

"Well Mr. Coconuts is a doll, and he talks,"Leni said, referring to their sister Luan's ventriloquist dummy.

"Mr. coconuts is a ventriloquist dummy," Lynn explained. "Luan talks for him."

"Really?" Leni said. "So Mr. coconuts isn't really alive. Wow Lynn, you have just given me a lot to think about."

"Really ugly looking mannequin though," Lynn said.

The mannequin was about 7 feet tall with long arms, even in proportion to its body. And its hands looked like they could crush a watermelon.

Leni and Lynn gasped as the mannequin started to move.

"What the heck?!?!" Lynn said.

The creature seemed to ignore the girls, however. It just walked past them and continued to walk aimlessly.

"Hey, maybe he's showing us the way out." Leni said. "We should fallow him."

"You really want to fallow that thing?" Lynn said. "He could be some sort of demon or something."

Too late, Leni had already started fallowing the strange creature.

"Hey wat up!" Lynn said.

The two girls fallowed the creature for what felt like hours. Suddenly the lights in the store went off. The creature turned toward the girls.

"The store is now closed, please leave immediately." The creature said in a calm voice.

"Uh dude we would if we could." Lynn said. "We just told you we have no idea where the exit is. Weren't you showing us the way out?"

Then the monster swiped its hand at the girls.

Lynn jumped out of the way and pulled her sister to out of the way at the same time.

"RUN!" Lynn shouted. The girls turned and ran away creaming at the top of their lungs.

"The store is now closed, please leave immediately." The monster said in a calm voice as it began to chase them.

"Oh we heard you the first time!" Lynn called back.

The two girls kept running until they came across a living room set.

"I have an idea." Lynn said. They couldn't see the monster but they could hear its footsteps as it drew closer and closer.

As well as its eerily calm warning "The store is now closed, please leave the building."

"Let's make a fort out of these pillows." Lynn suggested.

"Ugh, Lynn this is no time for games." Leni said.

"This isn't a game Leni." Lynn said. "The fort is so we can use it to hide from the monster. It's either that or keep running.

Leni agreed and they gathered the pillows and chairs from the display furniture. They created a descent sized fort big enough for the two of them to fit.

They hid in the fort just before the monster emerged from the maze of shelves.

Leni and Lynn peered out of a small opening in their fort, hearts racing using every ounce of strength not to scream.

The monster looked around for a few moments that felt like forever. Then it continued on, walking off to some other part of the store.

"Phew." Both girls let out a sigh of relief.

"So... what now?" Lynn asked.

"Well, I'm kind of scared to leave this fort. What if there's more of those things out there?" Leni said.

"Me too." Lynn admitted. "I guess we'll just have to spend the night here."