Shameless! Seriously, shameless!

Just as I was about to dive in the sea of shamelessness and high awkwardness, Ashton saved me by playing the radio. A sigh in relief escaped my lips and I hoped that it had gone unnoticed in the loud music.

Ashton, unexpectedly, started saying, "Why-"

The loud ringing of my phone interrupted whatever Ashton was about to say and I was grateful for that. But this time, I threw my manners out of the window and answered the phone without apologizing to him for the interruption. "Mom!" I answered with way too much enthusiasm.

"Who was your hot date on Seth's wedding?" She fired the question at me without bothering with the greetings.

A defeated sigh escaped my lips at her question; so much for being grateful at the interruption. "Very hot, Mom. Very hot weather." I, not so swiftly, changed the topic while fanning my face with my hands even though my cheeks burnt at her question. "How is Dad?"

"Don't try to change the topic, Liana. Tell me, who was he? Your Aunt told me that you both looked perfect together. And now, I regret not attending Seth's wedding."

I rubbed my forehead at the stress of too many questions that were burdening my mind. "Yeah, Dad and you should have been there. It was a beautiful ceremony," I said, dodging her questions.

"And so was your date according to my sources," she finished, making me want to face palm myself at the terrible timing of her phone call. "What was his name again?"

A light groan almost escaped my lips but I decided to answer her as I knew that she would not stop pestering me with her many questions.. "It's Ashton, Mom," I answered laughing lightly while I tried to calm my nerves, hoping that she would stop questioning me any further. "Mila Kunis' partner. Ashton Kutcher," I added for the sake of Ashton's questioning gaze that had suddenly fallen on me upon hearing his name. 'Mom loves him,' I mouthed at him and laughed lightly while he rolled his eyes at me. Grimacing, I asked her, "Why would he be there, Mom?"

"What is wrong with you? What are you babbling, Liana? Are you okay?" she asked, clearly confused with whatever I was saying.

"Of course, you can follow him on twitter, Mom. But, I'm not sure of he follows back." I laughed, looking at Ashton with humor in my eyes. By now, he had lost all interest in my foolish conversation with my mother as he shook his head at me and focused back on the traffic ahead.

Mom sighed on the other end and I tightly shut my eyes, praying that she would put a full stop to this interrogation now. But, apparently, the stars were not in my favor. "Are you drunk? Don't tell me you're taking drugs, young woman!"

I flinched slightly at her scolding but tried to keep my cool. "Justin didn't deserve Selena, Mom. I ship Zelena. Yay!" I grinned even though I wanted to end this conversation as soon as possible. But then again, I could do anything to avoid Ashton and the thick silence that had suddenly developed between us. I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of being happy that he had played me so well.

Mom was speechless for the next few moments and I hoped that she would get the cue of things. But all my hopes proved to be futile as I heard her yell on the other side. "Richard! Our daughter is taking drugs!"

A loud gasp escaped my lips and my eyes widened at the misunderstanding. "Mom, no!" Ashton's head snapped towards me because of my outburst and I quickly added, "Not Justin. Zedd all the way. Yayy!"

"How f*cking old are you?" Ashton asked incredulously.

Just as I was about to tell him to shut up, Dad shouted at the other end, "I'm coming down to New York first thing in the morning, Liana!" And with that, he cut off the phone.