Chapter 15: Good ol' Bonding

Depuis le début

"Lyssa?"

"Why is everyone so surprised by me today?" I ask as I make room for Embry to come in.

"What's going on here?"

All of our heads turn to see Billy. He looked tired. Dark circles under his eyes like he hasn't been sleeping well.

"Dad!" Jacob groans.

I place my hand on Jacob's shoulder and then turn to look at Billy.

"Sorry, Billy. I hope we didn't wake you? It was my idea to invite Quill and Embry over, if you want, we can go outside since the boys are always being loud," I glare playful daggers at the boys. "And sorry for coming over without warning."

"You're fine Alyssa. No you didn't wake me . . the boys did," Billy said glaring at them but a smile snuck through his glare.

A chorus of groans came from the boys and I giggled at their behaviour.

"Go outside and be teenagers. Just don't have too much fun," Billy warned with a stern face and pointed finger.

"Yes sir," we nodded and went outside immediately.

For awhile we just walked aimlessly until we stopped at La Push Beach. I took off my shoes and so did the guys as we ran towards the water. We all laughed as we splashed each other with the cold water. I hadn't had this much fun in awhile and it was great to hangout with the guys.

We probably stayed playing in the water for about another hour when, we decided it would be best to head back.

"Ya know? I really enjoyed this good ol' bonding time. It's been to long," I said as I walked side by side with Embry.

Quill and Jacob weren't too far ahead. Maybe just a couple feet, but not far.

Embry was silent for a moment as if he was taking in my words. I watched as his eyebrows furrowed and then relaxed. He must've noticed me staring at him because he looked me in my eyes. Quickly, I avert my gaze. What was I doing? I already have a 'soulmate.'

Who isn't here if you haven't noticed. I thought to myself. Alec hasn't been here in awhile and of course we talk often, it's just not the same as Bella and Edward. Then it hit me. Edward wasn't really ignoring me he was just trying to get to know Bella better.

By ditching me. I thought again.

"What are you thinking about Lyssa?" Embry questions me taking me out of thoughts.

"Oh . . uh," I stuttered at a loss for words.

"What were you thinking about Embry?" I fire back hoping to not answer him.

I mean, he can't know vampires exist.

"Probably thinking about kissing you!" Quill shouts.

Both Embry and I turn bright red. He awkwardly shuffles his feet as we walk in silence again.

"Dude! You weren't supposed to blow away his opportunity," I hear Jacob whisper to Quill.

I choked on air and coughed. Embry patted my back reassuringly and asked if I was alright. I nodded and we continued walking. I was gonna have to get used to that. In fact, I might have to ask Carlisle about it.

When we finally made it back to Jacob's house, I realized something.

"Crap! Charlie is probably really worried about me. I need to get home." I said speaking my thoughts out loud.

Rushing inside the house I grab my backpack and then rush back outside. I didn't really want to walk back because my legs were already dead. My phone rang. I excused myself and answered the phone.