Information about Character Personalities

Start bij het begin

Armin continued to have low self-esteem during his training years and for a short while after graduation. During this time, Armin considered himself to be useless due to his lack of physical strength and skill. However, soon after graduation, he came to learn that his mind is an equally valuable asset to the military and that he can use his brain to help people. Armin is exceptionally loyal and selfless. He constantly worries about the safety of his friends. He is always prepared to throw himself into dangerous situations to save them, even offering to sacrifice himself for Mikasa. Armin is a very analytical person. He likes to think deeply about situations and solve problems using his mind. These personality traits, in conjunction with his intelligence, good judgment, level-headedness, ability to plan ahead, come up with creative ideas, and to think outside the box, are what make him a great tactician. He is not an extrovert or a loud person. Armin has shown great investment in humanity's future and is always striving for and thinking about how he can change things for the betterment of mankind. Armin is also good at thinking on the fly and improvising. Armin's hard and cruel life has caused him to have certain beliefs about how the world works. Armin believes that in the cruel world, in which they live in order to surpass monsters, accomplish goals or make a difference, one must be willing to sacrifice anything, including their humanity. Even though Armin makes calculated decisions, he is also a very emotionally sensitive and empathetic person. Due to Armin's kind heart, he faces conflict in his mind with his belief that he has to force himself to throw away his humanity. Despite this, Armin strongly believes that morality is relative and that there are no universal laws of good and evil. Therefore, he has a distaste for the terms 'good person' and 'bad person,' since no one could be either good or bad to everyone. This makes him willing to concoct underhanded, morally questionable plans that shock some of his comrades. 

Information from: https://attackontitan.fandom.com/wiki/Armin_Arlert#Personality

Bertholdt

He showed great devotion to both of his fellow warriors, Reiner Braun and Annie Leonhart, and was easily driven to action or anger when he felt either was threatened. His actions have caused considerable suffering, he was not a cruel person and was capable of showing genuine kindness towards others. Bertholdt underwent a serious change in character shortly before and during the Battle of Shiganshina. He became detached, indifferent, and cold, allowing him to fulfill his savage duty more efficiently. Bertholdt remained calm and composed and did not feel sorry or bad when he told his former friends that he will kill them and all humans inside the Walls because he had decided to do so. Bertholdt does not show complete disregard for the human race and his 104th former friends. He showed panic and slight tears when he, Reiner, and Annie left Marco Bodt to die. This leaves the impression that Bertholdt's reasons for wanting them to die are not personal, and are due to unknown factors outside of their current comprehension or knowledge. Bertholdt once more shows sympathy for his former friends by expressing his disappointment in the waste of Armin's intelligence as he dies. Despite his calmness and utter fearlessness in the face of death and destruction, he was absolutely terrified of the Pure Titans, and of dying painfully at their hands.

Information from https://attackontitan.fandom.com/wiki/Bertholdt_Hoover_(Anime)#Personality

Jean

Jean has a blunt personality. He holds no restraint when it comes to speaking his mind, even when he knows it would not be wise to do so or when it could spark conflict. Jean is also pragmatic: he has a strong aversion to exposing himself to dangerous situations, and has openly admitted his desire to join the Military Police is due to wanting an easy and safe life. Despite his shortcomings, Marco describes Jean as a natural leader, being able to understand others and assess situations well because of his flaws. His awareness and leadership capabilities were further displayed during the Battle of Shiganshina when he took command of Armin's squad, and Liberio when he led many of the 104th graduates to attack the Marleyan military. He is also appreciated by Connie who deems him capable of becoming a future leader of the Survey Corps. Although he presents himself as self-centered, Jean places high value on the lives of others, and is ashamed and horrified when he must leave helpless allies behind to save himself and the remaining soldiers with him. He is also willing to risk his life to slow down the Female Titan, as refusing to do so would have resulted in additional deaths. Jean later criticizes Erwin withholding information from his subordinates out of fear that there was a spy among them, feeling that the plan was not acceptable, because of the lives that were lost because of it. In addition, Jean is greatly averse to taking human lives. Jean's moral principles initially prevented him from killing enemy soldiers, but he reluctantly set aside his conscience for the sake of his friends and allies. He refuses to kill child combatants though, refusing Floch Forster's suggestion that they throw Gabi Braun and Falco Grice out of the airship.