Chapter 13: Negotiate

Merkel:
There seems to be a problem with Castina , Rua , Sonu,Sopu, Yit and Lisa. All six nations have pledged alligance and signed the peace treaty. We have started trade but now they're requesting military supply. Especially the Lisa Kingdom.

Aristia:
Aren't they aware that this is an ancient law here that we are to supply no weapons. Ofcourse we are a civilization quite ahead of them but the weapons we produce are very harmful and the aftermath will be very destructive.

Merkel:
Exactly ...nuclear weapons, bombs and equipment capable of destroying nations will just end up in bad use.

Aristia:
And they think that I'll accept their pleas. What about Castina? I didn't expect that.

Merkel:
It's the Noble faction again. They think you'll go lenient since you're a member of House Monique.

Aristia:
I am a member a House Monique but right now I'm the Empress. I trust that the Emperor knows I won't be agreeing. He agreed to them to have them show myself that I'm a Monique only in Castina but not in Ephesus. It's the deal we personally agreed upon.

Merkel:
They think you're just a sixteen year old girl who became Empress and have no sense.

We both laughed. Only a few know that I have an adult mind and experience from my previous life.

Merkel:
Will you protect the Castina Emperor if anything goes wrong.

Aristia:
He's my Lord and I have pledged him loyalty as a Knight. I've promised his father to stay by his side as a friend. I think by now he's quite happy with Jieun , she must've won his heart or be it some other Lady.

Merkel:
Your Majesty ...

Aristia:
It might be impossible with Jieun but I think with so many woman hitting on him , he must've found a good one. Besides , I can't give him the care and love be wants.

Merkel:
Cheer up your Majesty.

Aristia:
Yep. Shall we go ahead than? Arrange a meeting with all the Kings and announce the negations will take place at The Commonwealth Conference.

Merkel:
Yes your Majesty!

He left shortly as I passed on through the papers. The Emperor came to my mind ... we've pretty much now in our seperate lives.
It doesn't matter if it's Jieun , it can be done other lady. I did hear Lady Whir was entering and exiting the Palace quite frequently. Could it be her? Oh well whoever it is ... let's just see him happy.
I've realized that it doesn't hurt anymore. It's good that I'm empty and unable to feel emotions. Would I have been hurt ? I wonder ...

Merkel p.o.v

The Emperor and Empress are both very similar. I wonder is she knows he hasn't given up ... Anyways let's prepare the meeting.

I saw the Emperor a few days ago when I visited Castina. It was so obvious that he's missing her but it's heartbreaking to see Aristia like that. I don't want anyone's bad I just want both of them to be very happy and not alone.
Being a ruler and leader of a nation is burdensome and lonely so I can understand.
I've been in a position of Prime Minister from years and in times I have to act as the father of the nation when all Regents go to defend at the borders.
It can be very lonely so that's why it's important to have the right person by your side whom you can lean on. I do and I'm greatful that Silviana , my wife , is there for me. It would've been hell without her and I give her the credit too.