The Healing Process | A Maedhros Story

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

T H E  H E A L I N G  P R O C E S S

Part of The Oialea Series

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Set between The Rules of the Multiverse and The Changing of the Song Series

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Pairings

Maedhros | Fingon

Illyria Strange | Elrond Peredhel (Mentioned)

Darcy Lewis | Stephen Strange (Mentioned)

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Warnings

Sensitive mentions of suicide, swearing, blood and alcohol.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Location: Earth

Time: January 2025

When it came to therapy, Maedhros Fëanorion was not exactly a fan of it.

But one would ask: why did he even get here in the first place? How did he come to this place from falling into a fiery chasm and landing into a flight of wooden stairs in front of his friend?

At one moment, he was ready for his fëa to enter the Halls, to meet the eyes of the Judge, then dwelling years in the darkest depths of the caverns before he would be summoned to be re-embodied. Because that was what most of the Eldar hoped to be. To just accept time as the solution to healing his broken mind, heart, and soul. To wait until he felt he was fine.

Instead, he had been thrown into another world far different to his.

With metal boxes flying in the sky instead of eagles. Metal boxes as buildings instead of stone castles and caverns. And metal boxes zooming across the land instead of horses. Even the air felt – and smelt – different. He felt stifled in this new world despite how much Elemmírë Oialëa did for him.

Even Elemmírë Oialëa was different. Not because of the round ears (that was the first thing he noticed along with her clothes), but how her aura and character had been. Despite still bearing the haunting look of war and the tragic eyes that kept her alert, her fëa was somehow young and light. As if it was renewed. How was something like that possible?

Unless she had died and been reborn.

Maedhros didn't want to think that at first, but even glancing at her at times – they both knew they were contemplating about her. About how different she was and yet so alike. He could tell that even she didn't know herself if she was Elemmírë or this new character...Illyria Strange.

The adrenaline of falling into the volcano finally faded and he was left to see the visions and sounds of the war. Of the dragon burning them, burning Elemmírë. The destruction of Beleriand and the death of those Noldorin, Vanyarin and Falmari soldiers. How he and his brother took twin sons of Eärendil...kept them hostage. How he lost the twin sons of Dior in the wild.

Murderer.

Kinslayer.

All for a jewel.

A few months living with Illyria were difficult. Maedhros was constantly living and not living, wading in limbo whilst trying to grasp everything and nothing at the same time. Who was he now after everything? He wasn't the elven man thousands of years ago. He was not even the same man who suffered his time in Angband.