Chapter 7

•Kacey's POV•
"Kacey! It's time to go to the set!" Mom yelled. "Ok mommy!" I yelled back. I ran into the kitchen and grabbed a banana, then ran outside and got into the car. I was smiling the whole way to the set.

"Someone seems very excited to see everybody today," Mom smirked. "Yeah! I can't wait to see Anna, Jared, and Lottie! Jared said he was going to bring his girlfriend today to meet us!" I told my Mom.

"Oh, you mean Vanessa?" Mommy asked. "Yes, Jared said she was coming to meet us today," I said. "Well, you'll get to see her soon because here we are," my Mom said.

"Yay!" I squealed as I got out of the car. I ran inside and saw Anna and Lottie. "Anna! Lottie!" I yelled. "Kacey!" They yelled back. We did a group hug and then I asked, "So, where's Jared?" They pointed to where Jared was and I ran over to him.

He was talking to a girl that looked about 14. She had light brown hair and brown eyes. She was really pretty. "Hi Jared!" I said as I gave him a hug. "Hey Kacey, this is my girlfriend Vanessa Luricio. Vanessa this is Jen's newly adopted daughter, Kacey," Jared told us.

"Hi Kacey it's nice to meet you," Vanessa said while giving me a hug. "Hi Vanessa," I said. "Actors we need you on set!" Adam yelled. "That's my cue to leave," Henry laughed as he left me with Vanessa.

I grabbed Vanessa's hand and said, "I want you to meet my friends!" She nodded her head and I dragged her to where Lottie and Anna were. "Lottie, Anna, this is Vanessa, Jared's girlfriend," I told them. "Hi," they said. "Vanessa, this is Lottie and this is Anna," I told her as I pointed to each girl.

"Want to be one of our best friends?" We all asked Vanessa. She laughed and said, "I would love to!" We all hugged her tight and then went to go watch everyone preform on set.

"That was awesome!" I said as everyone finished filming for today. "It was," Vanessa said. Lottie and Anna nodded their heads in agreement. "I loved all the bloopers," Vanessa told us. "What are bloopers?" Lottie asked. "Bloopers are the part of scenes where the actors mess up their line or do something they aren't supposed to while filming," Vanessa explained. "Oh," we all said.

"Well, it was nice meeting you all. Hopefully I can come again!" Vanessa said as she gave us all a hug. "Then just come to every filming session!" Anna suggested. Vanessa laughed and said, "I'll try." We all smiled and waved as she walked away to Jared. I saw Jared wave at us so we waved back.

"Ok, well I see my mom I've got to go," Lottie said. "Bye Lottie!" Anna and I said. "Bye!" Lottie said back. "I've got to go too, bye Kacey!" Anna said. "Bye Anna!" I yelled. I watched as both of my friends went over to their mommies. Where's my mommy?

I turned around to see mommy talking to some guy that I'm pretty sure is Colin. I saw her hug him and they were both smiling a lot. I wonder what they were talking about?
--------------------------------------------
•Jen's POV•
"That's a wrap!" Adam yelled. Everyone cheered and went to grab their stuff. "Hey Jen!" Colin exclaimed. "Hey Colin!" I exclaimed back.

"Ok, I've been meaning to ask this for a while but I've been to stupid and afraid of what you would say. Would you do me the honor of going on a date with me?" Colin asked.

I stood there in shock. He actually liked me? Do I like him? Of course I like him, that's probably why those sparks fly whenever I kiss him on the set. He stood there nervously, waiting for my answer. "Oh, sorry I blanked out for a moment. I would love to!" I replied.

"Really? Awesome!" Colin said. I gave him a big hug and we then pulled apart smiling at each other. "Well, I have to go," Colin said. "Yeah, me too. Bye Colin," I said. "Bye Jen," Colin smiled.

Colin walked off and Ginny came running up to me. "Did you figure it out?" Ginny asked. "You were trying to tell me that he liked me weren't you?" I asked. Ginny threw her hands up in the air and yelled, "Duh!"

I laughed and Ginny asked, "So what did he say?" I blushed and replied, "He asked me out on a date." Ginny's jaw dropped, "What did you say?" I smiled and said, "I SAID YES." Then I threw my hands up in the air and yelled, "DUH!"

Ginny laughed and I laughed too. "Mommy, can we go now?" Kacey asked. "Sure sweetie, bye Ginny," I said. "Bye Ginny!" Kacey exclaimed. "Bye Jen, bye Kacey," Ginny said.

Kacey and I walked out and got in the car. "Want some ice cream kiddo?" I asked. "Yes!" Kacey told me. I laughed and we went to the ice cream shop. We got our usual, two scoops of cookie dough and two scoops of birthday cake.

We ate our ice cream while walking home. When we got home we sat on our porch and talked. When the sun was setting I heard Kacey say, "Wow, I've never seen a sunset before."

I turned to her surprised, "Really?" Kacey nodded her head. Probably because she was an orphan. We watched the rest of the sunset in silence.

As the sun was dipping down under the hills Kacey whispered to me, "I love you Mommy." I smiled and replied, "And I love you Kacey." The sun finally set and the day ended. A perfect way to end my perfect day.