Drag Racing

Three... Two.... One.... Go!!! I smash the pedal to the floor and the car goes from zero to sixty in less than three seconds. The wind rushes through my hair and I go flying. Drag racing wasn't always my best sport of racing but driving was my best quality. I was never nervous when I got my license.

The car speeds up and I give it all I got, the engine growls like a monster, then I pull the lever to let the parachute out. The car slows down. I look out the window and can't see the other car burst past me and it pulls a j turn to stop, I was never good at those so I use the emergency brake or a parachute if it's on it.

I get out as a crowd runs and surrounds the car which is way down in front of me. "Well you lost Richy maybe next time you'll have better luck." "Stop calling me Richy, it's not even close to Ricky or Ricardo." "Aw I can't give you a nickname I'm your older brother." "Fine, but you have to beat this guys butt in a race for me, then I'll let you call me that."

"What?" "You heard me." "Nah that's not worth it." "Fine don't call me Richy." "You can't control my mouth and what I say." "No but I can punch you every time you say it." "So, I can punch you back but alright I'll do it." "Why because you wanna call me Richy?" "No because they don't call me Bullet Train for nothing... and I need a little money."

He walks toward the winner. "Hey you wanna real race with the real winner." The racer turned around "Ya maybe you'll do worse than your brother," as they walk towards their cars. "Ladies and gentlemen tonight we have Tyler Michel, The Bull vs Alex Derano, The Bullet Train." They both get into their cars or weapons of choice. Three... Two..... One.... Go The tires spin out and the cars get sucked forward. Alex leeds up ahead but Tyler pulls up and passes him. Fire comes out of Alex's car as he speeds up and passes Tyler just before the finish. The crowd and I run towards him. "The winner and still champion of the Brickyard, Alex Durano!"

Everyone congratulates him as we walk out of the speedway. We walk towards his car a Ford Shelby. My grandpa hid it during the war and gave it to him when he turned 15, my brother is know 18. Kids are aloud to drive when they turn 15 due to a law change in many zones who need drivers for the Piston League. I turn 15 in a couple of days just in time for the Piston League drawings, I am not looking forward to that but my brother made it three years without being picked. My uncle has been the only person in our family who has been in the league. He barely made it out alive. He was a speedster and a great driver who taught Alex how to drive.

A man came running towards us out of breath. "Great job tonight Alex here have this." He handed him a card. "What's this?" asked Alex. The man looks at me and says"Just call the number on the back" he winks and walks away. "Ok that was weird" says Alex. "Lets go home." We get in the car and drive home.

We live in the zone Indy or were West Lafayette and Indianapolis. Zones are usually a city and the land surrounding it. We also live in the federation of Lakero. Our capital is the zone Shyren or wher Chicago used to be. Federations are like alliances between zones. Our zone is pretty nice and doesn't have many problems. Our world however still has many problems.

M.R.P.O.W.A.R, Porzina inc and Skyro co are just some of the names. M.R.P.O.W.A.R or Mineral Resources Protected Over Wide Areas Around. Owned by Mr.Power himself, he's a bad corrupt person to me posing as a helpful business man. I think if he was so good why would he have created The Piston League in the first place or Skydome were the zones best weaponry is put to the test, or The Cyclone a mix of racing by boat and plane, sounds easy try driving a boat while being shot at by airships.

Porzina inc is another problem. Not as big as Mr.Power's company. Its more like the apprentice and puppet of Mr.Power. That's just some of the companies and businesses that bother me and others.

We drive by the canals and through the square. We live in the suburbs of Indy. Our house is pretty big but that's good because we have a large family. Speaking of family, moms not giving us a happy look in the window as we pull in.

I'm going to take a break in Devestation Speedway to work more and finish my other book The Gates of Torren, I'm sorry but I'll be back to writing this book as soon as I finish the other.