Chapter 17

The training with Natasha was fun, if not a bit harsh. She took me through stance and punches. I was pretty good at them, but apparently, I could improve. She took me through sets of them as well as kicks and other basic moves.

By the end of the hour, I was ready to go home and have a relaxing bath. But I had other pressing matters at hand.

After the lesson, I thanked Natasha and teleported to my room. I then put on my suit and flew out of my window. I pulled my phone out of one of my pockets and dialled a number I knew off by heart. He picked up on the second ring.

"Hey, N/n, you coming to fight some crime with me?" Peter asked.

"You bet, Spidey-McSpider-Face," I replied.

"What did you just call me?" Peter asked.

"Spidey-McSpider-Face," I repeated. "Anyways, where are you?"

He told me where he was, and I flew to the building. When I saw him waiting for me, my heart did weird palpitations in my chest. Why was I nervous? I knew that he liked me. Unless I was wrong, and he hung out with someone else before me.

Whatever. If this factually correct or just a random surge of confidence, I was going to tell him.

"Hey, Y/n," Peter said as I landed next to him.

"Peter," I said. "We need to talk."

Peter gulped but nodded for me to continue.

"I – uh... do you remember a few weeks ago when... when we had that sleepover?" I asked.

The eyes on Peter's eyes narrowed, and then widened. He nodded slowly.

"Well, I – uh..." I coughed awkwardly. "I... when we... we were... uh... as Spiderman and Phantom, we... we both said... we... uh..."

I shook myself and bit my lip. I opened my mouth, but Peter beat me to it.

"You told me that... And I told you that... I liked you," he said slowly.

He'd put the pieces together. What a smart cookie. It only took him enough time to make me embarrassed enough that I wanted to fling myself off of the building.

I looked up at him and stepped closer, all the way until our bodies were pressed against each other. I wasn't sure if he was breathing, and I wasn't sure if I was either. I slowly took my mask off, and then rolled his mask up to his nose, before leaning in. My nose brushed against his before I pressed my lips against his gently. I pulled back and looked up at him. He was frozen for a second before he began shaking.

"Uh... Pete?" I asked, slightly anxiously. "Are you good?"

Was I a bad kisser? Oh my god, did I give him a seizure with the bad kissing?

"I'm sorry," I said. "I –"

"N-no, N/n," Peter said, finally stopping shaking. "Don't be sorry. I just – after my senses were dialled up to an eleven, when I get super happy unexpectedly, my body releases a whole bunch of serotonin and dopamine which makes me really shaky."

"Oh," I said.

Peter chewed on his lip for a second before leaning down to kiss me again. My arms made their way around his neck, and I kissed him back.

He pulled away and looked at me with a soft smile on his face.

"Can I be your boyfriend?" he asked.

I put a finger on my chin in mock contemplation.

"I guess so," I sighed. "There aren't very many other people lining up."

Peter shook his head with a smile on his face before leaning in to kiss me again.