~Fifty-One~

Song for this chapter: Treat Myself by Piper Rockelle

Daniel

"Thanks for coming with me." I smile over at Zach as we are getting pedicures. "I really needed something like this." I sigh abit and he furrows his eyebrows. "Is everything okay??" He asks and I slowly nod. "Yeah I mean everything is fine I guess... I just have this aching feeling in my chest about Corbyn and Finn..." I sigh again and play with my fingers. 

"What do you mean?? Did something happen??" He asks sitting up abit, worriedly. As my friend for the longest amount of time Zach knows when something is bothering me a lot. 

"It's just... I don't know what to do because this has been the happiest I've ever been in my life with all the people I love so much with me and I just-" I take a deep breath feeling myself beginning to tear up. "And I know it can't last and I need to choose but no matter what I decide someone is gonna get hurt." I play with my fingers trying to stay calm. "A-and Finn this morning he- I think he is like getting impatient with me because he was being all like- He rolled his eyes at me and was acting all upset at me and stuff." I sniffle and he furrows his eyebrows. "That doesn't sound like Finn at all." He frowns.

"I know." I frown more. "I'm starting to think I should just break up with both of them..." I chew my lip and his eyes go wide. "Why would you do that?!" He asks, completely baffled by what I've just revealed to him. I just shrug abit and stare at my hands. "I just know it will hurt so bad to have to choose one over the other and whoever I don't choose, there is a huge possibility that I could completely ruin my friendship with them. I mean could you imagine what it would be like for the kids?? Maybe I just don't deserve to have either of them." I sigh and he shakes his head. 

"Daniel James, you know that is not true." He furrows his eyebrows more. "You deserve to be happy and you deserve to have whichever one you decide. They both love you it's just a matter of who makes you happier." 

"What if I don't deserve to be happy?? It seems like every time I manage to find myself in a place where I'm truly happy or content someone or something comes along and completely ruins it." I look up at him and he shakes his head. "That's not true." He shakes his head and I nod slowly.

"Corbyn and I were so happy before, even once we found out about the twins we were so so happy and then everything went to shit and he ended up with Mason." I sniffle. "Then we were finally happy again, just us and our girls, with the wedding and everything.." I reach up and play with my wedding band that is on a necklace since I decided to wear it that way for now. 

"And then I thought he was dead and I was- I mean- You were there Z, I was completely broken..." I start crying, noticing how uncomfortable the nail people look I give them a nod to leave until our conversation is over. 

"I know." He frowns rubbing my arm. "And then there I was, single with three babies, not having anywhere to go, not feeling like I even wanted to be here... and then finally I get a flow going where I feel like I can breathe and then Hazel came along and I was broken all over again, not sure what to do with myself. And I mean Finn was like one of the best things to ever happen he, helped me pick up all the pieces and he helped me feel okay again, we were just finally getting our shit on track I mean, we were moving into a nice house together and talking about marriage and....then Corbyn, the handsomest zombie I've ever met, just appears." He chuckles at that and shakes his head. 

"I just... I was finally getting into the flow of things again with Finn, Corbyn, and the girls. We just finally started going good ya know? Like Corbyn is getting to know...well only Ivy really right now but Indi is starting to warm up to him I think and.." I can't help crying more. "I mean what if I choose Finn, and then Indi doesn't wanna even get to know her dad anymore. I mean I want her and Fern to know him but they are attached to Finn since he has been here these past few years and I mean, that would hurt Corbyn so badly because he just wants to be there for us and help as much as he can but it's so hard since all the girls are older now.." I wipe my face. 

"But then at the same time what if I choose Corbyn and Finn decides not to come around anymore... what if he want's me to give him full custody of Hazel or something.." I cry even harder. "What if it hurts him and he gets mad or something and decides he doesn't even wanna be friends anymore or anything." I look up at Zach, noting on his worried demeanor and he slowly nods. 

"Look, Dani, I'm hearing a lot about how other people are gonna feel and not a lot about how you are gonna feel." He says looking around my face. "Either way you go people are gonna get hurt, that is a given, but the way to make sure everyone is happier in the long run is for you to make sure to choose this based on yourself and not them, so you can make sure you won't regret it and so you know you won't be unhappy with your relationship and life choices later down the road." He smiles sympathetically at me. 

"How am I supposed to know who to choose..?" I ask, voicing threatening to leave as it cracks. 

"Think about your two choices while I say a few things and I assure you'll know when I'm done." He nods and I slowly nod along telling him to go ahead.

"Okay, so....Imagine...One of the girls gets hurt or something like that, doesn't matter which one. Who do you call first??" He asks and I think for a second until I get my answer and then nod for him to continue. 

"Okay, now imagine you are on a date, since I know both those guys are pretty romantic, and it's the best date you've ever been on. ever. You're having fun and laughing and it's just amazing. Who are you on the date with?" He asks and this one takes me a little bit longer since both guys really are very romantic and sweet but I come to a conclusion and nod. 

"Now, Imagine yourself way later on. Okay? All the girls are moved out, married, having kids, or even if they aren't they are working or whatever they end up doing just imagine they are older." He laughs abit. "Imagine you have grey hair and you're sitting on your porch waiting on the grandkids in your lil old rocking chair as one of the sexiest grandma's alive." I can't help laughing abit. "Now think, who would be there sitting beside you. Who would be all old and grey and happy with you, all content with you in their old age??" He asks and I breathe out heavily thinking. I slowly nod looking up at him.

"I know what I need to do." 

A/N

Wassupp peeps hahaha