N°17 [This burden that oppresses us, this future that hurts us]

Начните с самого начала

The guard hiccupped, as hurt by the truth as by Cross' attitude, who seemed to really take him for a stupid kid. This only pushed him further into his entrenchment, and finally he collapsed to his knees, managing miserably to control his sobs.

Nightmare flinched. Surely this Dream wasn't HIS Dream. But that didn't change the fact that he was a version of his twin, the twin he loved so much and had been trying to catch up with for some time ... so seeing his dear brother in such a miserable state made him seethe with anger. He clenched his fists, his magic began to crackle, but before he could tell how he thought about this Cross, Ink interrupted him:

"Nightmare... Let's not get carried away. Those two saved us and Underlust..."

True, but this Cross was still unbearable to see. Besides, where did he get such a powerful sword from? Last I heard, their own Cross didn't have such a weapon! Nightmare sighed, finally grumbling and giving up on the idea of a monochromatic soapbox.

Instead, he approached Yumerai cautiously, which was easy since the archer wasn't paying any attention to him. However, the master of misfortune tensed up a little more with each step: why didn't he feel the positive aura of this Dream?

"Hey, D... Yumerai."

The Dream Keeper finally leapt to raise his tearful gaze to him, making Nightmare tremble as he nearly retreated. Yumerai sniffed softly and ran a hand across his face, clumsily wiping away the slowly drying tears.

"...oh... it's you..." he replied weakly.

Nightmare raised an archway:

"... Yeah, that's... me."

The archer stood up feverishly to face him, as if he had never had such a tearful fit the moment before, despite the salty traces clearly visible on his cheeks. Cross, for his part, did not make the slightest comment and looked at both of them impassively.

"I'm sorry about all this... Yumerai apologized - both to Nightmare and the other two. In view of the situation, I think you understand what's going on ...

- That an Ink from the future has come back to the past to kill us? Yeah, we know about that,"Error retorted, approaching in turn.

The sight of the Destroyer froze the archer, who quickly looked away, suddenly very uncomfortable:

"... Y-Yes, indeed, but not only. Cross and I come from the future, and unfortunately ... The Bad Sans of our time have also visited your timeline. I've come to stop them..."

He went on to give Cross a black look:

"...and you are going back to our house.

- I'm not going back.

- You have no business there! How could you leave Lux alone?!"

The swordsman raised his eyes to heaven for the second time:

"Are you really asking me to go back to our collapsing timeline that may cost us our lives?

- I am asking you to go and look after our daughter!

- But she's fine, I took her with me! What do you think?"

Yumerai petrified, becoming livid with terror:

"You took her... with you? What the hell has gotten into you?! She is the ideal prey for our enemies!!

- Would you have preferred to leave her alone with us?

- NO! That's why I wanted you to stay with her !!!

- By staying with her, I risked condemning us both."