27. Same Mistakes

Start from the beginning

He would never want to do anything Louis is uncomfortable with, but they talked about an outing so many times and Louis always whined about how much he just wants to claim Harry as his publicly when they couldn't.
But now they can and still don't do it.
Harry just needs an answer why.

"The only solution I see there is talking to him. Initiate the conversation." Zayn says, fiddling with Khai's t-shirt absentmindedly.

"You're such a shitty advice-giver since you're a dad." Harry remarks and Zayn laughs, kissing his daughter on the forehead cutely, scrunching his nose right after.
"Right, it's definitely time for a bath, bebz." He says, gently lifting her up from his lap and standing up as well, grabbing the phone.

"I need to go, you talk to Louis, byeeee."  

Harry can't even answer, because Zayn already ended the call, smiling cheekily into the selfie camera.

"Wanker." He mumbles under his breath but his smile betrays him.

Harry makes a plan to confront Louis about their problem while finishing the cake and calls him mum while it's in the oven.

He hasn't talked to her properly in longer than he likes to admit.

***

"Hey, love." Louis smiles, looking up as Harry enters their rooms.

"Hey." He mumbles and throws himself onto the bed Louis sits on with his song writing journal in his lap. Louis immediately puts away his journal to wrap his arms around Harry.

Harry just sighs and curls up into Louis' body.

Louis groans a second later dramatically.

"What's wrong." Harry asks into his jumper.

"I'm dying." Louis mumbles.

"No, you're not."

"I am. Slowly, from the inside. With everything. I already feel the dementia creeping into my brain, I feel my hair falling out. I'm slowly withering and dying."

"Lou, you're only turning thirty, no big surprise since that's usually what happens after being twenty-nine for a year."

"You can say that easily, with your young beauty. I'm turning fucking thirty and that means I have to spy on neighbors now and eat loudly and that we can only have sweet sex with the lights off and I have to small talk with people about how England has gone to the dogs, because I'm an old man."

Harry laughs at that. "First of all, you're not old, second of all, you already eat loudly and tell everyone how England has gone to the dogs, and third of all, we can still have rough sex with the lights on. I don't mind to see your grey hair while you fuck me." He jokes.

Louis groans again and throws his head against the pillow behind him.
"I feel so old."

When Harry doesn't say anything, he lifts his head up again to peak at Harry through one opened eye.

"What's up with you, you were a bit off when you came in, sorry I didn't ask sooner."

"It's okay, you were too busy being weird." Harry jokes and Louis smiles.

"No seriously, what's wrong?"

Harry shrugs, making Louis' smile fall and his eyes turn serious as he inspects Harry's face closely.

Harry sighs.

"I just wonder why," He lifts his head and looks Louis in the eyes, seeing deep inside the blue that Louis already knows what Harry wonders.
"Why you don't want to talk about an outing."