It was not suitable there. It was the right season to admire the lotus flowers in autumn. It was inappropriate to go to the Peony Garden at this time. However, Feng Yuran did not dare to say that. Judging from Mo Xuetong’s excited expression, he knew that she had been bored with staying in her own yard recently and wanted to go out for fresh air.

“Go to the Mo Manor and have a look before you go to the Peony Garden.”

“Okay, I know.” Mo Xuetong got up happily. Thinking for a moment, she stopped. Then, she turned around and walked to Feng Yuran’s couch before squatting down and pointing at the other invitation card placed on the table. “Should I go to attend the lotus appreciation feast held by Ling Mingyan?”

This morning, Mingguo Manor sent an invitation to the lotus appreciation feast. Unexpectedly, Ling Mingyan would invite people to admire lotus flowers, which was very strange.

“It will depend on your illness!” Feng Yuran answered lightly. He had checked the invitation in the morning and knew that it was two days later.

Mo Xuetong rolled her eyes and suddenly smiled, “Uh, I’ll go and take a look then. It’s rare that Ling Mingyan will hold a flower appreciation feast in the capital. And it’s also at this time. I heard that Princess Caifeng also got an invitation card. It’s a little unreasonable if I don’t go and have a look.”

There was a hint of a smile on Feng Yuran’s handsome face. He picked up the files by his hand and began to read as he reminded her, “You can go, but don’t interfere with other’s matter. It’s their private affairs.”

“Don’t worry. I’ll just watch. I won’t interfere even if others want me to do so!” Mo Xuetong put on a proud expression and kept nodding. Her eyes were full of smiles. She certainly wanted to watch such a strange thing in person. It was said that Ling Mingyan had never held a flower appreciation feast or a poem appreciation feast.

Of course, Mo Xuetong did not believe that she would hold a flower appreciation feast at this time without any purpose!

Feng Yuran put down the files in his hand as he watched Mo Xuetong leave. The laziness in his beautiful eyes slowly faded away. There was a hint of bloodthirstiness and sharpness in them. However, when his gaze landed on Mo Xuetong’s slender figure, the viciousness in his eyes reduced bit by bit. He regained some of his gentleness. He didn’t lower his head again until he found that Mo Xuetong’s figure had completely disappeared from his sight.

With a few young and old maidservants, Mo Xuetong went to the front door. The horse carriage had been waiting for her at the door. She got on the carriage and sat on the couch. The smile on her face faded away. Of course, she did not just come out to play. She did not tell Feng Yuran about the news from Jiangnan.

She was afraid that if she stayed any longer in his room, Feng Yuran would notice something.

The matter of the He family had been settled last time. Feng Yuran had left all the matters of the He family to Mo Xuetong. Mo Xuetong had thought that the matter had been resolved. The two brothers of the He family had fallen into He Yuxiu’s hands, so they lived a terrible life now. They wanted to go back to Jiangnan, but they did not have any money.

In Jiangnan, the He family had fallen all of a sudden because of Consort Zhao’s and King Xuan’s Manor’s attitudes. It was said that people in the old manor had fallen apart and the family was done. They had thought that Consort Xian’s incident had already come to an end. Only Mo Xuetong vaguely felt that it was not enough and still asked He Yufen to inquire about information about this matter. A piece of news had finally reached her recently, which shocked Mo Xuetong. She thought that the He family was really inhuman.