J A N U A R Y · coffee and meetings

Song: abcdefu- GAYLE

........................................

J A N U A R Y

I got abruptly woken up by a door slamming shut and I sat up in fright. What the hell? But after the first moment of shock my eyes took in the surroundings and I recognized the girls dorm room. Bright light was coming through the half closed blinds and Hailey groaned by my side, stirring awake at my sudden move.

"What..." her voice was too rough this early morning and she had to try again. "What time is it?"

What the hell do I know?

Noticing I was just as clueless she stretched her arm behind me to pick her phone from the little nightstand stuck between her bed and the wardrobe. Just as she took it her alarm went off and I saw the screen showing 7:00am. 

I looked around and found her roommate's bed empty. She must have been the one to fucking slammed the door shut at freaking seven in the morning.

What a major bitch.

I laid back down just as Hailey sat up, her hair all messy like a halo around her. The golden highlights she recently got shone with the sunlights peaking through the blinds. She grinned tiredly down at me, muffling a yawn into her fist.

"Good morning."

I groaned, dragging the covers over my head and blocking away the world. "It's too early for that."

She giggled, tugging them down with a bright small smile. Hailey was a late sleeper, being completely off on the weekend mornings; but still somehow manage to function on week days before she even got a coffee.

Completely unlike me.

How did she do that?

"Maybe you should have thought of that before you stay up all night with a frat guy."

"No, he was a dorm guy." I snatched the duvet from her to hide under it once more. "And it wasn't even worth it."

"No?" Hailey's voice was muffled, but still too annoying to fall asleep again. "Eli said he was cute."

"Sure, but that was it." I complained under the thick cloth. There was a tight pressure in my chest thinking about last night.

"Oh, come on. I'm sure it wasn't." she pulled down the duvet once more, meeting my annoyed glare.

Can't a girl just sleep?

"It was. And on top of everything I met this idiot." my blood lit up at the sudden memory of the jerk and I shoved the duvet off me, suffocating as that ire flowed within me again. Hailey eyed me warily from her spot sitting on the verge of the bed, almost amused as I ranted. "Oh my god, what a jerk!"