Chapter 2: Thinking of her

Kayden's P.O.V.
.......…....................

"You've been like this for five years man, this isn't you Kayden this isn't you" Andrew spoke as he took the bottle of vodka from me.
"What do you expect me to do huh! After she left me all alone because of that bitch Roselyn. She was right you know" I spoke whilst pacing my office.
"Right about what?" Andrew asked, his face twisted in confusion.
"She told me that Roselyn was interested in me and I didn't believe her, thanks to my foolishness I've lost my mate . She told me about her giving off weird vibes, I saw the fucking signs Drew but I j-just brushed it off like it was no big deal I-I just...."Andrew stood up and came to stand next to me , he placed his hand on my shoulder and squeezed a little.
"It's not your fault you know and you haven't lost Brielle, for goddess sake she's your mate,your other half , you haven't lost her Kayden. You have to be strong both for your mom and the pack, they all look up to you, you're a strong Alpha Kay don't forget that".he spoke with a small smile and walked out of my office.
I sat down in my office chair and ran my hands through my now long curly hair. I pondered over what Andrew said and he was right , I haven't lost my mate. It has been five years since she left Rosewood,since I was broken,since I became a ruthless Alpha. After she left , I sent Roselyn away, back to Canada. I couldn't stand her being in the same house as me reminding me every day that she was the reason why Brielle left. I sighed and rose up from the chair and headed to my room not before seeing my mom on my way.
"Honey where have you been? You didn't even down for breakfast."
"I'm not hungry mom, but thanks anyway."I gave my her a small smile and turned to go to my room when she called my name. When I turned she engulfed me in a hug then kissed me cheeks.
"I'm glad to see you out of your office sweetheart."
"I'm glad too mom." I hugged her again and entered my room.

*****-----*****------******

Brielle's P.O.V.

"Hey babe,how was class today?" Brandon spoke from behind me as he wrapped his arms around my waist. He just arrived from work and saw me in the kitchen cooking dinner.
"Stressful as always." I answered as I continued chopping the vegetables.
"Mmmm....I missed you."he groaned against my neck and kissed it. I closed my eyes as it brought a familiar face into my head.

"I missed you."his voice echoed in my head.

I pulled away from his embrace breathing hard.
"Babe are you alright? You look kinda pale."
" I'm fine babe." I gave him an assuring smile, suddenly my phone rang and I checked the caller ID to see that it was my mom.
"I've got to take this."I told Brandon and pecked him on the lips before heading towards the living room to receive the call.

"Hello Mom."
"Brielle, hunny it's your granny"
" Mom what's wrong with granny?" I spoke anxiously
"She's fallen ill again."
"I'll? Again? Mom why didn't you tell me earlier?"
"Baby I didn't want you to worry and lose focus at school"
"Seriously mom...I'm flying back home tomorrow with Brandon."
"Okay hunny, she's at the hospital right now... we'll be expecting you okay"
" Okay Mom...I love you"
"Love you too sweetie."
She spoke and hanged up.

"What's wrong?"Brandon came into the living room and walked towards me. He held my face in his hands and wiped away my tears. Tears? I didn't even realize I was crying. He embraced me and spoke soothing words to me, I didn't even realize I was blabbering to him about the conversation I just had with my mom.
"You will go with me to Rosewood right?"I looked up at him from my teary eyes.
"Of course darling, anything for you....I love you so much."
"I love you too." I whispered and hugged him.

What do you guys think of this chapter 👀😜😁???

Guys I love to use African music because well....I'm African 😊🇬🇭❤️
Don't forget to vote....love y'all.
ElormAmi