Old feelings and a strange announcement

Start from the beginning

His great mom...Veer didn't know, if he should be angry or go hug his mom for this...

"Yeah... Yeah.. sure, children go have a talk, you will be bored in the political talks anyways.." his dad smiled and replied.

Veer got up quickly and saw that Palak was following him. Soon, they were out of the drawing room, walking side by side, in an awkward silence, till they reached the balcony. What should he say to her? ask how she has been? or compliment her about her dress? 

Before, he could say something... Palak began, "Before coming here, I didn't even realize...but now seeing these familiar rooms, I feel as if it was only yesterday we were here, you helping me doing my maths homework..." Saying this, she giggled and if Veer could hear that for the rest of the life on repeat, he would.  It was not even a few hours since he had met her...and he was already going insane.

" Eight years truly passed by so fast... By the way, You look really different you know?" Palak looked at him, with analyzing eyes.

"I think I look just the same...you also look still the same Palak, still now 5 feet 5 inch..." He replied and chuckled slowly, remembering how much her height frustrated her. 

"Veer, after eight years... still you did not stop!  its not my fault that you have grown to be a giant whereas I have stopped growing..." Palak pouted but then she turned towards him and asked "where do you work now? In what field?" 

"After graduation, I chose medicine... and right now, I am in the last year of MBBS, studying in Bangalore... and at the same time doing internship in a private hospital... What about you?" Veer replied.

"Bangalore?? Really? Wow ! I am staying in Bangalore too! I am actually studying in NIFT, I decided to take up fashion designing after twelfth and at the same time, working as a temporary fashion journalist in a company..." 

Fashion designing and Palak, it suited perfectly...But unknowingly they were staying in the same city too... wow destiny!...he had to say he was impressed.

"Wow, really, out of all the cities all around the world, we are actually staying in the same one...and fashion designing suites you Palak, I still remember, how you asked me to choose between the dresses you drew in class, without paying attention in what sir was teaching, next day getting punished for it.."

"Hey, Veer that was only one time!!!" Palak complained and Veer giggled. He liked getting her riled up, still after all these years.

----------------------------

As they sat down for dinner, Palak took a glance towards Veer. Even though he would not admit, He had changed a lot. He grew taller, tall like a giant and also got a lot buffier. He had also grown to be really handsome, and Palak wouldn't be surprised if he already was in a relationship. That girl would be lucky, she thought and smiled.

But, there were things that still remained the same. How he still didn't speak a lot during conversations and only quietly listened to them and still now, how he he was just so much clam and composed.

"Palak beta, I couldn't quite talk to you properly...So tell me... I heard you are studying in NIFT, and also doing a job as a fashion journalist, in Landmark group...that's really impressive... how is it? which year?? are you staying the dorms?? Veer told me that its hard to find college dorms empty in Bangalore"

Arvind uncle's sudden question shifted Palak's attention. 

"Thank you uncle, even though I am just a temporary there.... and Its my last year in NIFT uncle, and Its something I wanted to do since a long time....teachers are great and helpful...about dorms, its true what Veer told you, There is no dorm Available empty in NIFT, so I rented a flat for myself.." she replied.

Her father then quickly said "Actually, its her second flat that she rented, The previous one was better, in which she used to live with a senior..." Palak's eyes went wide, even though they were close family friends once, that didn't mean that her father could tell them about her problems about the rent. It might not have been weird once, but right now it was. She needed to stop him.

"But, I like this flat Baba...its comfortable..." she intervened, but her father objected back, " But that's too far away from NIFT and your company.."

"Prakash! I have a great idea!" suddenly Arvind uncle spoke up and all attention turned to him. 

"Veer how much far is NIFT and  Landmark group from your flat?" he asked pointing the question to Veer.

"NIFT is about fifteen minutes from there and Landmark group wait..." After checking his phone he answered, "Its half an hour from there...why dad?" He asked, Palak could see curiousness in his eyes.

"See, Prakash, you told that Palak's flat is quite far away from  NIFT and Landmark group... and as Veer is also studying in Bangalore...He owns a flat, where he is staying, which is quite near to both NIFT and Landmark group... so, Palak can stay with Veer in the same flat!"

Everybody was surprised by the sudden suggestion by Arvind uncle. She looked at Veer, who sat as still as a rock, his eyes focusing on his plate.

"Uncle that won't be necessary! I can manage! that won't be difficult--" Palak tried to object but Veena aunty smiled and cut her off, "That's an amazing suggestion Arvind! Palak it would really help you and make things a lot easier..."

"Arvind...its- Veer beta might have problems with it, that's really not needed"

"No Prakash, it is a really good idea... Palak's journey problems will be solved and she won't have to pay rent to us.. and if you try to do it Palak, this uncle and aunty won't talk to you.. You are like our daughter and we would be glad to do something for you beta..."

"But-- uncle"

"No ifs and buts, Palak and Prakash, if Veer doesn't have any problem, Consider that it is final..."

Palak, tried to explain again...but Arvind uncle won't listen to her. It was true that it would solve all her problems, but that would mean troubling Veer and she didn't want that. Suddenly all eyes went to Veer who was silent the whole time.

"Veer beta you don't have any problem with Palak staying with you right?" 

Veer didn't know how to feel. Living with Palak in the same house? No the real question he had  was 'Living with her in the same house without exposing his feelings for her?' He didn't know if he could do that. But, maybe destiny was giving him a chance to do what he couldn't do all those years back...

Nope...it was not for him but for Palak. 

Really Veer?  the voice in his heart questioned him...

 If he agreed then It would help Palak a lot. 

Yes.. yes, don't admit...

the voice went on taunting him, but he shut it out and said, "No Dad, I don't have any problems..."

He did this for Palak.

"Very well then, its settled...Veer would be leaving tomorrow for Bangalore and as I heard from Prakash that Palak beta you would be leaving the day after...so Veer in that moment could arrange everything...and Palak, inform your renter that you would be moving out.." His dad announced and Prakash uncle and Poorna aunty got up thanking him and dad...

Amidst all of this, Veer's eyes met Palak's and some unsaid words passed between them. His heart skipped a beat.

Well, Things just got a lot more interesting....

------------------------

Hii guys!

a new update.. sorry I was busy yesterday...Hope its good enough..🥰

Trying for 1 chap everyday goal cause, 2 chap per day is hard😢

please vote and comment.

Total word count: 1884 words. 

~ Millie❤❤