2

"No."

Once she said that I broke down into tears, "Does he even know I'm here?" I asked struggling to wipe the tears away.

"Yes." She answered bluntly, looking at me with sympathy.

"I'm a fool. How could I be so stupid?" I shook my head, sobbing again.

"Don't say that, it's not your fault. You almost died." Tonks rubbed my back comforting me.

"No, I am a fool. I fell in love with him. We promised to protect each other. W-we promised each other forever...and he threw it away as if it meant nothing to him. Yes, I know what you're going to say 'his godson was in danger'. Well so was I! I was dying! Me! His lover! His godson wouldn't have been in danger if he hadn't run to it. I do not blame his godson, I blame myself. Maybe if I loved him a little more he wouldn't have left me. Maybe if I cared more and moved in when he asked he wouldn't have left. Maybe-" I ranted and was cut off by Tonks.

"Stop! You are not at fault here. Don't make him the victim, you are the victim. He left you, not the other way around. You were by his side for everything! You loved him more than enough! You cared-" She was too cut off by me screaming.

"THEN WHY DID HE LEAVE ME?! IF I HAD LOVED HIM ENOUGH HE WOULDN'T HAVE LEFT, BUT HE DID! LIKE YOU SAID I WAS BY HIS SIDE FOR EVERYTHING! WHY WASN'T HE BY MINE WHEN I NEEDED HIM THE MOST?!" I screamed and cried.

"I'm sorry, it's gonna be okay. You're gonna be okay. He doesn't deserve you. You deserve much better. I know you love him but his actions cannot be easily forgiven." Tonks hugged me and let a tear slip out of her eye.

"With time, all will be okay," Tonks whispered in my ear and I fell asleep, crying in her arms.