Chapter One - Teenage Dirtbag

Börja om från början

((It's still unknown how old Hunter was when Emperor Bellows found him, so I assume he found him when he was young and before he knew how to read. Excuse this error if it's disproved in the future episodes.))

"I-uh-I...Um..." he started panicking, why was he stuttering? He never stuttered, what the heck was happening?!
Edric started giggling. "Not much of a talker, are you?" He asked.
Hunter was a little confused. He wasn't exactly like anyone he knew. If this was Luz, Luz probably would have pried for the answer, and if it was anyone else he knew they probably would have scolded him for being so stupid or stuttering or something.

"U-uh...no, I mean- ugh, you don't know what you're talking about." Hunter said, frustrated that he couldn't think of an answer.
"All right, all right. What about the bird? I take it they're your palisman?" Edric said and gestured to the red bird in his hair.
"What- hey!" Hunter yelled as he finally realized the bird in his blond hair. He shook like he was having a seizure to get him out of his hair. "Find another perch, bird!" He said.

Rascal flew in the air for a few seconds, waiting for Hunter to get distracted so he could sit back down, knowing he wouldn't notice unless somebody told him.
"Hey, the lady at the desk said that one of the animals got to it and ate out the pages." Emira said. And just like that, Hunter didn't even notice as Rascal sat in his hair again.
"Oh..." Hunter said in a disappointed tone.
"Well that's unfortunate." Edric said.
"Well, I'm going to Amity's little room. See you- oh! I didn't catch your name." Emira said. Hunter didn't like handing out his name. He wasn't a very trusting person and was reserved.
"Hunter." He said regardless. He didn't want to come off as rude. Usually he wouldn't care but, for some reason, he took a strange liking to these 2.
"All right, well see you Edric, Hunter!" She said and waved goodbye. She walked away and turned the corner.

"Sorry about your book, Hunter. But I know some other good ones. Want me to show you?" Edric asked.
Hunter was going to say no, he should have said no, but for some reason, he found himself happily saying "yes, I'd like to!" It was against what he thought he knew about himself. He thought that he didn't like people like Edric, he thought that he didn't like messing around, or conversation, and that he didn't like wasting time. But even so, he found himself being led by Edric to the poetry section.

"There's this really good book of poetry that I know..." Edric said. He hummed a tune to himself as he looked for a certain book on the shelf.
"It's written by Scarla Varian, oh, she's a national treasure." He said. Hunter giggled lightly. He was smiling, he was simply enjoying Edrics company.

"Here it is!" He called as he took a dark purple book off the shelf.
He opened the book to a specific page and began to read out a poem to Hunter.

"You my dear love,
Did it hurt when you fell from above?
You fell from the clouds, little angel of light.
Little angel, you're so pretty, quite a sight.
Everywhere you walk, the grass is greener.
Don't you wish to go back and leave here?
You're to perfect for this world, little angel.
You're beloved, even if you fail you'll prevail.
You my dear love,
in my eyes, are the definition of perfection."
He read.
He closed the book with a slam.
"So what did you think?" Edric asked.
Hunter was in shock, he kind of looked like a child who had just gotten caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

"I-uhm-I though-I think- I think it's good!" He said. He took a deep unnecessary breath, mentally hitting himself for the mess of a sentence he just said. What had gotten into him today? He had never stuttered in his life, save for a few times, but nearly never! What made him so happy to be around this guy? This guy who he had only met when he tried to scare him?! What did he find so charming about him!? He had only known him for like 10 minutes! But he couldn't pin point why he liked him. But it didn't matter, he probably hated him for being a stuttering mess, right? Wrong.

"It's a very good poem, Edric." Hunter said.
"I thought so to. Here, there's a bunch others in the book. You should give it a read." Edric said and handed him the book.
But then Hunter realized,
He didn't have a library card.

"Oh, I've got to make a library card or something, I don't exactly have one- haha..." he said awkwardly.
"You can use mine if you'd like! Just make sure to bring back the book." Edric said and smiled.
"Wow! Really?" Hunter asked with a smile.
"Of course! I'd never deny a good person some good poetry." Edric said and winked.

"Thank you!" Hunter said.
"You're welcome." Edric replied.

"I've never read poetry except for a few times, so this is sort of new to me." Hunter said.
"You've never read actual poetry?! Hunter, you're missing out!" Edric said.

The two spent the rest of the time the library was opened talking about poetry and things they had in common. They got along pretty well.
"Boys! Enough chit-chat, the library is closing." The lady at the desk said.
"Oh gosh! We gotta hurry." Hunter said.
"Yeah, let's check that book out for you." Edric said.

After they checked out the book, Edric and Hunter went outside.
"Hunter, let's keep in touch. Can I have your number?" Edric asked.
"My number? I'm sorry- I don't have a scroll..." Hunter said. A scroll was the Boiling Isles equivalent to a phone. He was quick about saying that last part, a little embarrassed. Emperor Bellows didn't let him have a scroll/phone.
"Oh! Okay, well, still. I'll be happy to see you around." Edric said with a smile.

"Could I send you a letter sometime?" Hunter asked quickly.
"Oh, sure! I'd like that." Edric said and put his hands on his hips. Edric gave him his address and smiled. The two parted ways, and the first thing Hunter did when he flew back in through the window, was start writing.

_________________________________________

Rose_Vinex, ready for battle!

Ah yes, Hunter is emotionally confused and I find it hilarious to write because he is such a sheltered child from NORMAL problems.

It's funny because he knows how to deal with fist-fights but not his own emotions.
And in case you were wondering, despite what the description says, this book updates MORE than once a week most of the time.
(Not accurate anymore)

I'm meant to be publishing this on Monday, but I'm publishing it today because I got a vote and I'm very motivated by it.
But yeah, hope you enjoyed.

Bye reader!