━━━epilogue...

Depuis le début

"I was kidnapped!" Birdie screamed, Lorelei paused in her steps as she stared at the brunette, her hand in the air just as she was about to close another suitcase full of clothes.

"What?" she asked, her lips apart.

"Yeah, you wanna talk about loss? Let's do it, trauma olympics, who's gonna win?" Birdie said with a scoff, "The day I got into a car accident, wasn't the day you guys found me, I spent two days being tortured by deatheaters for my parents' information, but I couldn't say anything, they found me in the middle of the road, collapsed in front of a car after I managed to run away" she raised her shirt up so Lorelei could see the scar that was present on her abdomen, "Pretty memorable gift, isn't it?"

"I didn't—" Lorelei couldn't find the words to express how sorry she felt.

"You didn't think? You didn't know? What, El? What do you want to say?" Birdie asked, "Maybe you were too busy throwing a hissy fit about your problems that you forgot to notice everything, or maybe you were just being selfish—"

"What's going on?" Sirene entered the room in her black dress, "Why are you two fighting today of all days?" she had her brows furrowed.

"You should ask your niece" Birdie said before she walked out of the room with a glare directed towards Lorelei.

"El?" Sirene asked as she looked around her room, practically every corner filled with boxes and suitcases, "What's going on? What's all this stuff?"

"I have to go, aunt Si" Lorelei said in a small voice, "I can't stay here anymore, it's suffocating, it's just so—" she paused, she didn't want to cry right now, "I want to go"

"Go where, honey?" Sirene asked with a nervous look on her face.

"Somewhere far away" Lorelei said, she sat down on her bed, "I can't stay here, you have to understand, I'm so tired of everything — the fights, I'm tired of losing people all the time, aunt Si, I'm just so exhausted"

Sirene looked at her niece who had her head resting on her knees — she knew she had to let go, for Lorelei's own good, "Where do you want to go, I'll help you settle down"

🫐

LORELEI BLINKED. She watched the empty casket get buried, and so did the other people at the funeral, what had she expected? Maybe a chance to see her mum one last time would've helped her mourn a little better, but she didn't have that option. No one did. Lorelei felt someone's arms brush against hers, she didn't need to look up to know who it was, of course he was there. George Weasley was there for her once again.

"Lorelei?" she heard an unfamiliar voice, she turned around to come face to face with a women who looked strikingly similar to her mother, the same tan skin, the same dark brown eyes and the same smile, only her hair seemed to be more white than black and her skin showed some effects of aging.

"Yes?" she responded, she turned around to face her.

"I'm— I'm Gemma" she introduced herself, "I'm your grandma"

"Oh" Lorelei said, she didn't know what else she could say, "I'm sorry for— I'm sorry you lost her"

Gemma turned to look at the empty casket, a single tear rolled down her cheek, "Me too" she quickly wiped it away as she plastered a smile on her face, "I brought something for you" she raised a tupperware box forward, "They're called samosas, your mother loved them, I used to make a lot of them for her every time she'd go to Hogwarts" she smiled at the memory, "She'd always be so excited whenever I handed her a box of those, but," she took a deep breath, "Well, she's not here anymore, and I want you to have it, I want to be in touch with you, darling"