05. A Long Break

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

As previously said, [name] and Kaburamaru did take a break from each other. [name] had to think about what Kaburamaru had written before facing him again.

So for the past week, [name] dedicated their time to figuring out what Kaburamaru meant. Because deep down, they knew. Kaburamaru would never say such things.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

"Oi, Ineki!"

Sound Pillar Tengen Uzui was seen running towards [name].

The Shadow Pillar looked up from the ground to see Tengen, who was now standing in front of them.

"Hello, Uzui-san. Can I help you?" asked [name]. Tengen just shook his head 'no'

"Nope! But I would like to ask you to accompany me and my flamboyant wives to the festival this weekend!" The Sound Pillar explained.

"Rengoku and Kanroji will be coming as well." He added. [name] pondered for a moment.

A festival would be fun. They thought.

Or is this another one of Uzui's plans to court me?

Ehh...what's the damage? I'll say no marriage anyway. Besides, Rengoku and Kanroji are coming too. So it won't be just us.

"Sure! Time and place, I'll be there!" [name] said with a smile.

"Great!" Tengen exclaimed, flashing. A flamboyant smile.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

It's the day before the festival and [name] was out on a mission with Mist Pillar Muichiro Tokito.

A/n: Muichiro's making a comeback y'all😋 I'm sorry I just love him so much🤧💕

Two demon slayers against three demons? Now, that would be hard if they weren't Hashira. But considering both [name] and Muichiro were Hashira, (two of the strongest, i'd say) it was a piece of cake.

After successfully defeating said demons, the pillars were only left with minor injuries. Mere cuts and bruises.

"Tokito-kun, are you alright?" [name] asked, walking over to the younger male.

Muichiro just nodded. "I have a small cut but it's fine." He said, grazing his thumb over the cut on his left cheek.

[name] just sighed and pulled something from their breast pocket.

"We'll just put this on it for now. Kocho will do the real doctor work." They said, sticking a band-aid over Muichiro's cut. Muichiro placed his own hand over the band-aid after [name] stuck it on him.

He just stood, staring at nothing in particular but was in his own little world for a moment. Though he didn't notice he was being left behind.

[name] could sense that Muichiro wasn't with them so they turned around to see Muichiro staring at something.

"Tokito-kun! We should get going now!" [name] called back to the boy. The young Mist Pillar quickly snapped his attention back to [name] and ran to them, instinctively grabbing their hand in the process.