Chapter 5

I get to my room and instantly I put my hand on my back. I forgot about the burn because I have lived with it for months. I turn my back to the mirror and see the claw-like burns on my back. I know what happened and I find it hard to believe that the people I trusted most had done this to me unknowingly. 

Flashback...

The alarms for the Akuma start going off and Mrs. Bustier's class starts calmly filing out of the room to the Akuma safety zone. I watch as Adrien just continues following the class and not break off to transform with me. I know he isn't going to be helping with this Akuma. 

I quickly make my way to the bathroom and transform. I swing out of the school and see what Akuma it is this time. 

The Akuma looks to be something made of fire and has burning claws. I see it going through the citizens and and clawing them into dust. I land down in front of it and it looks at me.

"Ladybug," It hisses, "Give me your miraculous and I won't harm anyone anymore."

I know that it is trying to villianize me, but I can't give it up, "I can't do that." 

I watch as it hisses more and comes towards me. I study it's movements and look for the Akumatised object. I continue looking as it comes to me and find a chain around it's neck. At the last possible moment I swing up onto a roof and call for my lucky charm. It falls from the sky and it is a plush bear. I almost snort. A very flammable object. I turn to look for the Akuma, but I don't see it. I sense something behind me, but I turn too late. Immense pain goes through my back and I scream. In the process I drop the plush. The Akuma goes for it, but  stops when they see it. I hear a hissed sob and look towards the Akuma. I see that it is cooled down and just staring at the bear. I quickly grab the necklace and break it. I catch the Akuma and release the Miraculous Ladybug. I check on the little girl and leave back home. When I get home, I look in the mirror to find three long claw marks all the way from shoulder to hip on me. I let out a sob and close my eyes. I have to be strong. Crying is for the weak. 

I open my eyes and see them glow blue for a second. I have to control my emotions. I quickly blink back everything and lock the emotions in a trunk. 

End flashback...

They are going to ask questions. I already know this, but I can always wait a long time to answer them. I quickly look away from the mirror when somebody knocks at the door. I look over there when they open it. 

Dick pops his head into the room, "Hey Mini, you okay?"

I give a small smile to him, "I'm fine."

He gives me a look and I put a neutral face on, "I am just not ready to open up yet on why I have scars on myself. I know you are curious and I will give you answers, except I want to be able to breathe for a few days out of a toxic environment okay. I need to build trust in you guys and then I'll open up, but I can't right now."

He nods and gives me a hug, "We were going to watch movies all day if you wanted to join?"

I smile and follow him out. We go down a bunch of hallways and walk into a room. The other boys are already in the room. Damian is standing against the wall smirking at the other two who are trying, and failing, to build a pillow fort.  I giggled at them and walked over to what they were doing, "You guys are doing it wrong."

They looked at me confused and I show them how to do it. Ten minutes later and we have a pillow fort taller than Jason. We all get into the fort and turn on Disney movies. Not long into the movie I fall asleep.

Damian POV

I look down at my little sister that is squished in between all of us and I smile slightly. She might've been through a lot, but we won't let anything happen to her now.

Dick POV

I watch all of my siblings asleep, and see how they are all curled protectively around Marinette who is laying on her back. I can see some of the burn that is on her back from her pajamas. I almost cried when I saw her back. Tim just stuck is head in his tablet trying to find anything out about her that he could, but her everything was blocked and a firewall was built over it. We'll have to ask her a different time about it. I lay down and watch ovre my sister until sleep starts to consume me. I'm about asleep when I see wings sprout out of her back. I quickly sit up and take a picture of it. Something magical is happening with my sister and I am going to figure out what it is. 

Even if you feel alone, know that you are not.