chapter two 🥺

*three weeks later*
I'm waiting in line for the concert, hoping I'll be able to talk to Jake again today. After a while of waiting, I'm finally up first in line. Then all of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I see Jake. He smiles and waved at me. He explains the guy checking peoples tickets and stuff what happened & hands me a wristband. He walks away without saying another word, and I go find my seat. Eventually the show starts. I'm having the time of my life, obviously. Near the end of the concert, I make eye contact with Jake. All of a sudden they start playing Anthem, my favorite song. I know something is going on when they invite me to come up on stage with them. Nervously, I walk up there and look around at the massive crowd of people. Jake puts his guitar pick in the palm of my hand, and then folds my hand shut. He wraps his soft hands around mine and looks at me. "Liv, I've been in love with you since the first minute I saw your beautiful eyes. Will you be my girlfriend?" I'm in shock, at a loss for words. I can't seem to speak, so I nod my head quickly, tears welling in my eyes. I give Jake a shy smile as he grabs my hand once more and kisses it, just like the first day we met.