Fitz/Alden

Okay so, I've been re-reading the KOTLC series. Everything was fine, I was happily reading until oNE SENTENCE SHOOK ME. I was reading Exile and this one sentence came, I couldn't find the exact words, but it was something along the lines of "Sophie stared into Alden's beautiful teal eyes." and I thought, well that's kind of weird since Sophie only uses those terms to refer to Fitz. And that's when a theory started building up. Sure, Sophie could've been just saying Alden's eyes were beautiful, but I don't think it's a coincidence she thought the exact words she uses to refer to Fitz. That's why in today's chapter, I'll be explaining my theory on why I think Alden might actually be Fitz.

What do we know about Alden? He's a telepath, he's a worker for the Council, he has teal eyes, he somehow knew that Sophie needed to be found. Now let's think about Fitz, he found Sophie, he has teal eyes, he occasionally works for the Council and he's a telepath. Sure, all of the similarities might be because they're related, but what if it's not? 

What if Alden isn't really Alden, and he's Fitz from the future? In a future where Sophie never came to the Lost Cities, the Neverseen came to power because the Black Swan never got to their precious Moonlark and no one knew about Sophie until it was too late. That's where Alden (future Fitz) is from. Some events developed and the whole world went to hell and there was nothing anyone could do about it. But then it's found Alicorns can teleport. What if they can also teleport through time? That would solve all their problems, if Fitz could go back to find Sophie before she was killed (or become unavailable), maybe she could make their world right. But of course, Fitz can't go by his real name or else he'd get caught. He will go by his dead father's name, Alden, who was killed when the rebellion first began since he was a loyal regent for the Council. Now Fitz goes back in time to when the Moonlark was 12, before she was killed in the Everblaze fires, and tells his 13 year old self to go looking for her. It would make sense right? 

In this other future, Fitz falls in love with the idea of Sophie. He falls in love with the idea of this brown eyed girl who could come to save them (of course, not the idea of her as a child because that's weird). That's why when he goes back in time and sees 13 year old Fitz infatuated with her, he remains unbothered. This is what he wanted. But wait, Keefe is in the picture too. And he seems to be getting closer to Sophie than Fitz. He had to stop that, that's why in the Flashback short story he went to tell Keefe not to shoot his shot with Sophie and to let Fitz have her. 

I know this theory is far from true, but I really thought it was interesting to think Alden was really Fitz from the future. If you think about it, everything he does lines up. 

What do you think about this theory?