𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

Start from the beginning

"He was panicking and saying his mom was in trouble. Diana went to visit him." Emily told him.

"Were Reid and Diana scheduled to have a visit?" Rossi asked.

"He didn't think so, but it happened anyway." I replied.

"What did his nurse say?" Rossi asked.

That's the thing.

"Cassie didn't bring Diana. Another nurse did, a Carol Atkinson. Garcia's running a searching on the name now but it's an alias." I explained.

"For who?" Rossi asked. And there's the kicker.

"Lindsey Vaughn." Emily replied.

I watched the shock settle in on Rossi's face. "Lindsey Vaughn? From that case in Chula Vista 10 years ago?"

"You remember it." I spoke.

"It was one of my first back. But how could it be her now? And why?" He asked.

"I asked him the same thing." I told him.

"And how did that go?" Rossi asked.

"Just how you'd think." I deadpanned. Something ignited in Spencer. Everything he bottled up just came flying out at that moment.

"Any chance he's wrong?" Rossi asked. Spencer is usually never wrong. There's no reason to question him now.

"Well, Reid did smell Scratch's drugs before the murder, and he said there was another woman in the room with them." Emily replied.

"Well, if Lindsey took Diana to visit, where's Cassie?" Rossi asked. That's the million dollar question.

"We don't know. Her phone goes straight to voicemail. She's not returning texts either. JJ said that has never happened." I replied.

"And Garcia pinged it?" Rossi asked.

"She tried, but the battery must be dead. The GPS was turned off. Walker and JJ are on their way to Reid's apartment now." Emily replied.

"So what if this has been a Scratch-Lindsey partnership this whole time?" Rossi muttered. I don't know anymore.

"If that's true, given his mental state, I'm not sure Reid makes it to trial." Emily spoke.

We needed to work fast. For Diana and for Spencer.

We sat the rest of the team down to go over the Vaughn's case.

"We first came across the Vaughns 10 years ago when Lindsey Vaughn and her friend Katie Owen were abducted outside of a crowded movie theater by three men." I started.

"Ryan Phillips, the triad's dominant, tortured and strangled Katie." Rossi added.

"Jack Vaughn then took matters into his own hands, using his skills to find Lindsey." Emily continued.

"It ended when Jack murdered Phillips in front of her and Reid." I finished. I remember that case like it was yesterday.

"They let them stay in the program after that?" Luke asked.

"Jack was too important of a witness to cut loose." Rossi replied.

"And no ones' heard from either of them till now?" Tara asked.

"That's right." Emily nodded.

"And Lindsey, posing as a nurse named Carol Atkinson, was able to get Diana Reid in and out of the Millburn Correctional Facility." Penelope added and put up the documentation of that.