Taehyung stopped and looked at her for moments, moments where his mind moved like engines, thinking, whirring, unable to comprehend that- her- no- their child would be- Taehyung let go of his past pain momentarily.

He stepped forward, and Veronica stood up from the sofa. "P-please don't leave-" Veronica begun softly, but Taehyung enveloped her in his arms and tucked his head in his neck. She wrapped her arms around him.

"You're n-not angered?"

"No." Taehyung said, shaking his head. He wrapped his arms around. "This- t-this is astounding news, Veronica. It- it changes a lot of things-"

"I'm sorry. For- for everything I've done to y-you. I'm ashamed of who I tried to be. This- this strong woman. My m-mother told me. She s-said that she'd been forced to a marriage at a young a-age, with a man who hit her and didn't care. She s-said I was so lucky with you, Taehyung. So so lucky-"

Taehyung kissed her carefully, arms tight around her waist. Veronica kissed Taehyung back, and then they pulled away. Taehyung smiled.

"I reckon you are bit a lucky with me," Taehyung said. Veronica giggled, looking up at him.

Veronica showed him ultrasound pictures. Taehyung saw a little figure in the picture and smiled widely, looking at her. After, he took her to bed and she fell asleep, drained. Taehyung, in realization and overjoyed by what happened, did the first thing that felt right.

He went to visit Jeongguk.

*

Jeongguk lay against his bed, sitting on his floor, a wine bottle in his hand which he twirled around with his nimble fingers, only a little bit of the red liquid left in the bottom of the glass. Jeongguk lowered his head against his bed, and took the last sip of the wine, and then pulled away, looking up at the cieling.

"Pregnant." Jeongguk repeated, a bit of the red wine dripping out of his lips. "Fucking bitch," He grumbled under his breath, tossing the wine bottle to the side, letting it sit with the collection of other wine bottles that had collected in the side of the room.

Jeongguk felt drunk, drunk off his mind, didn't know the last time he had anything but alcohol. It'd been days since Taehyung came to him and told him his wife was pregnant with their child. How splendid. Jeongguk drank in celebration of his misery.

Jeongguk climbed up from the floor, almost falling, wearing nothing but a large white shirt of Taehyung's. Jeongguk looked at himself in the mirror, stumbling. "Pregnant." Jeongguk repeated, slurring. "Stupid whore. P-pregnant. N-not even his child. S'... someone else's." Jeongguk said to the mirror.

Jeongguk looked at himself in the mirror, and then felt tears arise to his eyes. "W-why couldn't you be a woman?" Jeongguk let out, whispering to his reflection. He grabbed a pink lipstick from the dresser and opened it up, applying it steadily to his lips.

"Mm' m'can be a woman. I'll- I'll be p-pregnant." Jeongguk slurred, grabbing blush, opening it and taking a brush to apply it to his cheeks. He looked at his reflection and giggled, mind hazy.

Jeongguk fixed his brown hair, and then got up from the dresser table seat, walking to his study. He looked around for a little pink bag, and finally found it and drew it out. He opened it up and took out the pretty yellow skirt.

Jeongguk giggled to himself and pulled it up his legs, tucking his white shirt into it and fitting it on his waist. Jeongguk twirled around in his yellow skirt and ran his hand down the pink flowers embroidered on it. He smiled.