Chapter 11: The Black Deity

"Oh who's this? Beomgyu, you didn't told me you have a friend coming here tonight."

I looked behind Taehyun and I realized that grandma's already with us. Taehyun's face is still calm yet here I am starting to panic.

I stood up went to her, "Uh, grandma—"

"Hello ma'am, I'm Kang Taehyun. Nice meeting you." He stood up then smiled at my grandma.

Taehyun's eyes are big but I can't see them clearly right now because of his smile, his single dimple is also visible. His perfect teeth are shinning. This is my second time seeing him smile and this one is really new to me.

He looks like a baby. The cute one.

"Ohhh Kang Taehyun, what a nice name. I'm Park Nara, Choi Beomgyu's grandmother, I'm also pleased to meet you. Now, let's go inside I cooked chicken soup, let's go you two." Then my grandma walked inside our house.

"Hey..." I looked at Taeyun and his face went as usual again, "Where did Kang Taehyun came from, huh?" I asked him.

"That’s the first thing crossed in my mind. Let's go, I'm hungry." He answered and walked passed through me.

"You're really going to eat?" I asked while following him.

"Yep!"

He opened the door and we entered. I closed it then we decided to eat together. I'm really amazed that Taehyun is really giggling and smiling whenever she's talking with my grandma.

He really looks like a kid. I can also say that he enjoys the food so much while having a nice talk with my grandma.

"Beomgyu, why didn't you let me meet this handsome friend of yours, huh?" Grandma asked me.

"You were at the hospital before that's why." I just reasoned out.

She hissed at me then looked at Taehyun, "Taehyun, always come here okay? You're always welcome." My grandma said.

Taehyun smiled, "Hahahah of course, you cooked so well that's why I'm going to eat here every time you invites me hahahah." He laughed.

After having a meal, Taehyun and I went for a walk just around the neighborhood, "So KANG Taehyun, mind explaining me who's this 'Black Deity' is?" I asked him.

"He's... Evil. That's it."

"Oh, isn't that too harsh?" I asked him if he can make his sentence a bit more kind.

"Nope... Yeonjun is really an evil one. He will do everything just to fulfill his duties."

"What are his duties?"

"Protecting the Deity. The Deity needs to live inside 100 years and after that he will be born again in another face but the same soul." He explained.

My mouth gasped for an air and I'm still in awe, "So what will happen if the Deity will die before reaching his 100th year of existence?" I asked him in hurry.

"The world will be in chaos. That's why Yeonjun is willing to destroy everything that can harm the Deity. I don't really know how things work between the world and the Deity but I'm sure about that one. Also, the Deity is granting the most imposible wish in his last year."

"Then... Why did I met him? Is there a reason about that?"

Taehyun shrugged his shoulders then looked at me, "I don't know. Yeonjun and I aren't close for me to know his whereabouts. All I can say is you should be careful starting now. He has his eye on you." He stated like he's giving me a warning that can lead me to death.

"Wait! Why me!? I mean— I'm not doing anything! Is he going to kill me? What Taehyun!?" I asked in panic.

"Yeah... He will really kill you if you'll get on his way again."

"HEY! TAKE IT BACK! YOU DUMBASS! THE HECK I CARE ABOUT THAT PUNK! HUH!? WHY!?" I yelled.

But Taehyun didn't respond and he just keeps on walking. "Hey! Taehyun, is he a Deity?" I asked him.

"Nope."

"Then why black deity?"

"Because he has his own evil things that makes the world balance. The deity that created me is a good one and I can assure that but Yeonjun..." He paused and looked at me, "Yeonjun isn't a deity but he think he is but because of his unlawful judgment other creatures like me think he's a black deity. You get me? Now stop asking about him because I know he can hear us."

"Woah!" I shut my mouth and covered it with my both hands, "Really?" I whispered.

He nodded, "And by the way before I go, if ever you two meet again don't be deceived by his words. He's twisting everything just to make you change your mind. Okay?"

"He can do that also?" I asked still whispering.

"He can do almost everything. Now go and sleep."

"Taehyun wait—"

The next thing I knew is I'm facing our house door. I looked at the wall clock and it's already 11 in the evening. I sighed and went inside to pick my comforter then lie on the sofa.

"Yeonjun..."

FUCK! I JUST UTTERED HIS NAME! WILL HE COME TO ME!? SHIT! I SHOULD SLEEP NOW! I SHOULD REALLY SLEEP NOW!

[TAEHYUN'S POV]

"I didn't know you're sharing my information to a mere human, Taehyun."

I almost rolled my eyes when I heard his voice. I am looking at Beomgyu's house while I'm at the road. So, I took off my eyes in there and looked at him.

He's leaning on a light post and looking straight on my eyes. "He asked." I replied.

At a single blink he's already in front of me, "Doesn't mean you're the Deity's favourite you can do whatever you want." He stated.

He's taller than me so I looked up on him, "Why? Are you jealous?"

He smirked and moves his face away from me, "Remember that I can see the future, Taehyun that's why the Deity needs me more than you. Also..." He moved his gaze on Choi Beomgyu's house, "You're right saying that kid needs to be careful now that the two of us met. You too, Taehyun."

Our eyes meet again and his gaze is really screaming danger, "That kid, Choi Beomgyu will give you something that can ruin you." He stated.

"If it's fate then I'm fine being ruined by him."