𝔢𝔭𝔦𝔰𝔬𝔡𝔢 𝔬𝔫𝔢

"Your Imperial Majesty... When will you appoint a royal consort?"

"What is the rush? She was only crowned today. There will be time for that later!"

"The Empire must be secured with an heir...but unlike previous Emperors who could have numerous concubines and consorts, her imperial majesty can only have one royal consort."

Said Emperor watched the murmuring crowd with a bored expression, her fingers tapping impatiently at their restless talking, annoyed they were talking about her as if she weren't sitting on the throne before them. You take an amused puff from your pipe and watch the smoke float through the air waiting for her to snap.

"The sooner our Emperor has a Royal Consort, the sooner the Empire will be stabilized."

"We must also put her Imperial Majesty's health first, and have her focus on giving birth to a heir."

Tap, tap, tap.

"Your Imperial Majesty, you must appoint a Royal Consort right away—"

The ebony haired Emperor tilts her head and smirks finally having enough of their useless chattering.

"I agree with you all. The stability of the Royal Family...comes from its heirs."

The unknowing crowd beam smugly thinking their opinions on the Emperor's love life actually had any sort of meaning to her. They are sorely mistaken by her following words.

"So... I will be taking a few consorts."

She confidently smiles down at her baffled followers who immediately cause a commotion.

"That can't be... it's unheard of!"

"I agree..!"

Tired of their whispering the Emperor's loud, powerful voice echos though out the great hall. Silencing them. Their worried eyes watch as she smiles down at them not so kindly.

"Let's starts with...five, shall we?" Her words are posed as a question but it is a finality that she will not negotiate.

"Your Imperial Highness, that's absurd!" Duke Atraxil speaks up while beads of sweat covered his forehead. "Past female rulers of Tarium have only had one Royal Consort."

"Are you not the one who suggested that my father take consorts..." the Emperor's knowing silver eyes gleam with amusement. "To promote diplomacy and to keep the Empress in check?"

"There have been female rulers with multiple unofficial concubines, but no female ruler have ever official taken multiple consorts." The Duke tries to reason.

His words are pointless as the Emperor raises her fingers, using her vast amount of knowledge as she counts off names of previous Emperor's who all had their own harems. Noticeably they were all men but that was the exact point she was making. Who said that only men could have harems? What a silly thing, really. She wouldn't allow the fact she had been born as the opposite sex, a woman, hinder her from gaining her own harem. Nothing could hinder her. She wouldn't allow anything to. Not when this was a perfect chance to make that bastard pay, to feel exactly what she felt when he shamelessly begged her to wait for him.

"Emperor Tracichou had a harem of five consorts and concubines. Emperor Aintra had six. On average, most Emperors of Tarium had a harem of fifteen." The Emperor casually lists off the top of head with a sly smile. "The more flirtatious Emperor's had over twenty."

"But..." The Duke searches around the room for back up. For anyone foolish enough to go against the Emperor's words. But they are all quiet.

"So why is it that I cannot take any?" The Emperor leans forward with her chin resting on her hand, daring anyone to say something stupid. "I must at least have five."

The crowd becomes tense.

"Don't be so glum. Is this not...A perfect opportunity for some of you to have me, The Emperor, as a Daughter-in-Law?"

The Emperor may be young but she is no fool. She knows exactly how these entitled nobles think.

You bow your head in acknowledgment and send a flirtatious, proud wink her way. She chuckles softly at your antics. Her hardened eyes softening just a little. You of course notice and smile. What a cute Emperor this Empire has. And how lucky you are to have her willingly give you a part of her heart. It's probably the hat. They always fall for the hat.

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

Directly taken from chapter 9. The manhwa is available on webtoon so don't forget to support the author by liking the episodes!