Who is he interested in, then?

I don't know if it's common sense or wishful thinking that's telling me that he might maybe, just maybe mean me by that.

San – interested in me? Sounds definitely more like wishful thinking. But does it really? He did want to kiss me to kiss me this afternoon after all... didn't he?

"Oh... really?", I repeat rather lamely.

San nods slowly. Then he turns to look at me. "You know what?" He hesitates – so I pull myself together to turn and face him.

Bad idea. My heart leaps at the sight of the apparent blush on San's cheeks from the alcohol, and the lopsided grin he's giving me. Though there's also something cautious about his expression if I'm seeing things right – which I'm not sure of anymore.

"Yeah?", I urge.

San gnaws on his bottom lip for another second. His fingertips brush over my thigh. I flinch.

"Oh, sorry." He immediately pulls his hand away.

"No, it's fine."

I don't know if alcohol actually can show effects within less than ten minutes – but I just pretend it does as I take San's hand and deliberately place it on my thigh.

On. My. Thigh. If there's one sensitive part of my body, it's my thighs.

Fuck. Maybe I need more soju. My heart is racing, my breathing is shallow – and I shudder as San starts tracing light circles into the fabric of my jeans mid-thigh, although I pray that he doesn't notice. "So, uh..." Calm down, Wooyoung. It's just a hand. "What did you want to say before?"

"Huh?" San draws another circle on my thigh. "Oh, right. I, uh..." He gazes up at me again, questioning. "I was gonna say... I mean, we are kind of here to meet up with my party-friends... but... We could also just ditch them. For once. Maybe... we could go back to our flat, and-"

"Yah, Choi San!"

This time it's San who flinches. He pulls his hand from my thigh in an instant, leaving a cold spot on my leg.

I don't recognize the girl who's called his name, but she's making her way straight over to us as if she's the queen of this place. I secretly curse her for her timing. Honestly, if she just would've showed up about five minutes later, maybe San and I could've gone back to our flat to...

To what exactly? What would we have done if we would've made it upstairs again? I starting to think that I might do know the answer to that: that San being interested in me might actually be a possibility. But... the idea of San kissing me? San thinking about wanting to kiss me? Still doesn't feel real.

Or... San wanting to hook up with me?

Maybe I should consider some other things that I managed to forget in the meantime – like the fact that San hooked up with Juhee this very afternoon. Though somehow that doesn't feel so important, or relevant, anymore.

San stands up to hug the girl who's come to a halt in front of us. "Garin! How are you?"

"I'm fine." She pats San's back before detaching herself from him.

Pushing her sunglasses up into her hair – who the fuck wears sunglasses at night? – the girl turns to me. "Hi. I'm Garin."

"I'm Wooyoung", I reply, getting up from the floor slowly.

"Ah..." She nods, and throws San a meaningful look. "So you're San's... friend?"

Something about the way she says friend doesn't sit well with me – because she put an extra emphasis on it. Like she didn't mean friend at all.