Chapter 2

It never really had been a problem for Sarah when it came to dating and relationships, she just had no time and her reply to many guys that ever asked her out was a plain "NO!" and the look she gave them made sure that they never gave it a second try. But this time Sarah had find herself at a different situation, with Lucas things were different, he was persistent, he never gave up even after she had refused his request the first time they went out for the drinks, the meeting as Sarah called it didn't last even an hour, when Lucas confessed the really reason on to why he asked her to meet, Sarah response was a simple NO! as usual and she got up to leave but Lucas smiled got hold of her hand and spoke softly as if whispering to her, "no matter how hard you deny my request, I won't give up on you." Sarah pulled her hand out and walked away as fast as if something was chasing her.

Ever since that day, Lucas has been living to his words, fresh rose, romantic cards and gifts never ended to be delivered at work or Sarah's home. At first, Sarah was very much annoyed, but as time went on she started enjoying them and at one time when the delivery was late she got sad. Sarah begun noticing Lucas and she found him quite attractive compare to the way she used to see him.

"I don't understand myself anymore." Sarah said one night while having dinner with her roommate.

"What is it?"

"I have developed a weird feeling every time Lucas speaks to me. It's like I have butterflies dancing in my stomach."

Lisa laughed hard and long before replying to her roommate, "its love dear, you have fallen for the guy."

"Nonsense, that can never be, he's not even my type."

"Sarah, you don't even have a type. How can you say he isn't?"

"What should I do now?"

"Why don't you start by saying YES to the guy?"        

*****************

The next day at work, Sarah was getting ready to go out for lunch, she heard a knock and she was sure it wasn't Joan, so she turned to face the entrance. Her gazes meet that of Lucas and she was mesmerized by Lucas' smile.

"Hi!" Lucas said smiling at her.

"Hi!" Sarah responded, "Can I help you with anything?"

"Yes! How about going to lunch with me?" Lucas replied.

"Right now, am busy." Sarah replied and turned back to pick her desk phone that had started ringing.

Lucas stood there and waited until she was done with the call. "How about dinner then?" with a look of surprise Sarah turned and looked at him, "I thought you had left." "Until you give me an answer that I want I'm not leaving." People were starting to stare as they pass through her cubicle and it made her uncomfortable and it was clearly that Lucas had no intension of leaving anytime soon without that answer he was after. "Dinner sounds fine; you can leave now!" Sarah replied to him and turned back to her work.

Lucas didn't leave as she thought he would, rather he went on talking to her, "how long are you going to resist my charm? It's clear that you are falling in for my charm and I just can't understand why you use so much effort to hide it rather than admit it." This time Sarah did not turn to face him, she replied with a smile which she was trying to hide, "what made you think I'm falling for you?" "Well, if not me, who then makes you blush when the flowers were brought, or are you falling for the delivery guy," "What!!! No!!" Sarah jumped out of her chair and replied in defence, "I'm not falling for anyone, most definitely not the delivery guy. You have your answer; I'll see you tonight so please leave my cubicle now."

Lucas smiled and moved closer to her, "I'm going to prove that you have fallen for me and the most important thing is, I'm going to get our first kiss tonight." Before Sarah could answer, Lucas left.