02

2005-2019: Emily's Life (Quick synopsis)

Emily was born ten years after the death of most of Sunset Curve. She was a surprise to her parents, but they welcomed the little girl with open arms.

As she grew up, she was well loved, but she always felt like something was missing. It always felt heavy in the house, like her parents never wanted to talk about her brother who had died in the summer of 1995.

She always liked listening to the music of Sunset Curve. Even though it was a popular song, Now or Never was one of her favorites.

In third grade, she met two girls named Julie and Carrie. The three became fast friends.

Emily had kept her last name quiet, as she didn't want her new friends to know who she was. She'd heard the stories about Sunset Curve from Carrie's dad, and she didn't know how he'd take it.

In sixth grade, Julie, Carrie and Emily met Flynn. Carrie, feeling left out, began drifting away.

Emily tried to maintain a friendship with Carrie, but it eventually fizzled out, as she wasn't interested in maintaining a friendship if Flynn was involved. No amount of persuasion from Emily would get her friend to come back.

By the time high school came around, Carrie had taken on the role of the stereotypical mean girl. Emily did her best to stay away, remembering the words that had cut deep. "I don't need you anymore. I have new friends now." As much as she wanted to become friends with Carrie again, the words reverberated in her mind and she always changed her mind about trying to repair their fractured friendship.