𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦

Começar do início

The Burgess woman nodded her head, quickly making her way around the counter. Shutting the door behind her, Lettie sat a nervous Ada down. Taking deep breaths, the Shelby woman questioned, "Who told you I was here?"

Lettie furrowed her brows once more, remembering the feeling she felt earlier but she pushed it down, "No one. I was on my way to the Garrison for a sudden need for a drink."

Ada nodded her head with a sigh, "I'm just relieved you're here," staring into her hazel eyes, Ada voiced, "I'm afraid they're going to kill each other."

Grace walked in right then placing the glass of water on the table, she had caught the last of what the pregnant woman had said. Leticia pushed the glass over to Ada, "Drink this first then you can explain, all right?"

The Shelby woman picked up the glass with a shaky hand. Not wanting to waste anymore time, Ada took a sip and immediately went into explaining. Bouncing her leg up and down, the younger woman spoke, "I need to find Freddie."

Leticia set a hand on Ada's knee gently bringing Ada's attention to the fact she was shaking. The brunette looked to her best friend with a calmness that eased the Shelby woman's nerves a little. Both woman forgetting the barmaid was there, turned their heads when a voice had spoken, "Wait. Who are going to kill each other?"

The brunette turned back to a stressed out Shelby woman finally understanding why she was filled with trepidation, "You found out Thomas knows."

Ada nodded her head, gripping onto Leticia's hand trying to relieve her body from the ever growing panic, "And now Thomas is going to kill 'im. Why can't he just see that I'm happy?"

Grace stood off to the side still confused on what was going on, but thought it was best if she left. Feeling like she was imposing, the Burgess woman decided to leave the room but stood behind the wall to hear their conversation.

Leticia didn't know what struggles of being caught between family and the love of your life was like. She'd never gone through it, but when it comes to situations she has never experienced she always tried to put herself in their shoes. If she was in that position how would she feel? What would she do? What would she want to hear at that exact moment to ease her anxiety?

"You know Thomas better than any of us. Do you honestly believe he'd kill Freddie? A man who used to be his best friend once? Who fought alongside him in the war?" Leticia searched Ada's eyes trying to see what emotion was now consuming her eyes. Seeing that she was getting through to her, Lettie continued, "Thomas's morals may be questionable at most times, but he does it because he believes he is doing the right thing for his family."

The Shelby woman kept quiet while listening to the Morelli woman's reassuring words. It was working, her heart rate had gone down and the shaking of her leg had subdued. Lettie saw before her the shift of emotion Ada was exuding, she had grown more calm.

"And as for Freddie, he wouldn't do anything that would hurt you. And that includes killing your brother." Ada squeezed Leticia's hand with her own in appreciation.

Grabbing her glass of water, she downed the drink after finally getting some clarity. In the silence, Ada remembered a word that Leticia had said when she was trying to calm her down from her frantic state. Raising her brown eyes to her friends, the Shelby woman furrowed her brows, "Boy,"

Leticia looked up from the wall ahead of her she was concentrated on while she was deep diving in her thoughts, "Hm?"

"You said 'baby boy.' Is that true? Am I having a boy?" A smile took form on Ada's face in adoration at the thought of having a little lad curled in her arms.