Chapter 17: Mount Natagumo

Comincia dall'inizio

Ah... What a great way to start the morning.
————————————————————————————————————————

Later in the day, the doctor arrived. The three boys stood in front of him expectantly while Nanami sat at the side, already concluded that she had been well-rested.

"You're fully healed." The doctor said, sitting across from them with the elderly lady sitting beside him. This brought smiles and relief, glad that now they're healed, nothing will hinder their movements while facing demons in their next missions. Although, Nanami did help with fastening the healing process during their stay, not that the doctor or the elderly woman knows.

After all, it was their little secret.
————————————————————————————————————————

Once the doctor left, Nanami was back in her temporary room, her seals and weaponry laid out as she arranged the contents and doing maintenance on her weapons. She glanced at the scroll Urokodaki gave her, recalling that it was given to the first Water Hashira by someone from another world, her world, in fact.

She remembered that dream from the other night, about that mysterious woman named Uzumaki Miyo. She doesn't know who that woman is since she was born after Uzushiogakure was destroyed, plus she and Naruto didn't pay much attention to history for that matter. The only prominent historical figure she could recall with the Uzumaki name is Mito but that's because she was the First Hokage's wife and Kurama's former Jinchuriki.

So what exactly happened to her when that seal exploded? How is she connected to this world? Just thinking about it made her head hurt!

Her train of thoughts was interrupted by a loud caw as her Kusagai Crow landed on the floor. Putting her scroll down, she offered her arm out to the Crow, making the crow stand on her arm. "North-northeast! North-northeast! Your next mission is north-northeast! The four of you are going to Mt. Natagumo! Head to Mt. Natagumo!"

"Hai!" Nanami nodded, letting the crow down as she immediately packs up her stuff along with the scroll that Urokodaki gave her. Her Uniform was neatly folded at the side of the room as she put it on. She then put her long, red hair up in a ponytail and grab her nichirin sword. She was ready to go.
————————————————————————————————————————

"We're heading out now. Thank you for everything." Both Tanjiro and Nanami bowed in gratitude towards the kind old lady and the latter did the same as the group now donned in the demon slayer uniform, setting off to their next mission's location.

"Now then, for good luck." The elderly woman said. In her hands are stone and steel to which Nanami recalled that it was an old tradition called Kiribi. It was to send someone off by striking a stone and steel so that sparks fall on their backs, supposedly to keep the person safe from harm or injury.

"Thank you so much!" Tanjiro said as he, Zenitsu, and Nanami turn around with the exception of Inosuke. The old lady then strikes them causing sparks to fly from the rock which freaked the boar-headed, masked boy out.
"What do you think you're doing, old hag?" He exclaimed.

Immediately, both Tanjiro and Nanami held Inosuke down while Zenitsu stood in front of the old lady before Inosuke could attack the elderly woman.

"What are you doing, a moron? She's striking sparks for good luck! It's a purification ceremony! Because we're gonna go on a dangerous mission!" Zenitsu yelled at the top of his lungs.

After calming Inosuke down, the elderly woman bid her farewell to the group. "Always live your lives with great pride. I wish you luck in battle!"