Blair bounced down the stairs, her eyes falling on the older man sitting on the couch, flipping through one of the magazines left on the coffee table. She cleared her throat, flashing a happy smile when he looked up at her, "Uncle Jim What are you doing here?"

Gordon stood up, pulling her in for a tight hug while Jason stood back quietly. The older man pulled away from Blair, giving Jason a stern look, "I understand that you're dating my niece now, Jason." Blair glanced at Jason anxiously, bouncing on her feet while her uncle took a step towards him, "I'm not going to threaten you, but I will say this: you take care of her."

Blair groaned loudly, shaking her head, "I can take care of myself, Uncle Jim."

"He knows what I meant." Gordon narrowed his eyes at the boy while she made a face, "God, I hope it isn't what I think it is."

Jason gave her a smirk before falling onto the couch, crossing his arms before looking back up at Gordon who cleared his throat to gain their attention again, "Anyway, I'm here to ask you two to come to dinner with me tonight."

"Oh no." Blair said, a hint of a smile on her face. "What's the big news?"

Gordon furrowed his brows in confusion, "What?"

"Every time you invite me out to dinner you either have big news or want to lecture me for something." She explained, crossing her arms. The last lecture she had received lasted over two hours about how college was important. Sure it was important, just not to her. It wasn't her scene. "And as the last thing I did that required a lecture was over two months ago, I'm assuming it's news." And she knew exactly what the news would be.

"Just come to dinner tonight." He smiled. Blair narrowed her eyes suspiciously. "We can talk about it all then."

"Is this going to be one of those dinners that dudes talk about all the time?" Jason asked, speaking for the first time since they had left his room.

Blair tilted her head in amusement, "What are you talking about?"

"You know," He forced a smile, a smile she right through. He was actually nervous. "The ones that are really fucking awkward for anyone that isn't family."

"Actually that's a great question." She turned back to her uncle. "Is it?"

"I hope not." He pulled her in for another hug. "Look, I have to get going but I'll see you both tonight, right?"

"Yes, Uncle Jim. We'll be there." She assured him, pulling away from him and shooting him towards Alfred. "Paesano's I'm assuming?"

Gordon threw a smile over his shoulder as he followed Alfred to the door, "You know me well."

Blair smiled, watching as Alfred walked her uncle out, sinking to the couch next to Jason the minute he left the house. She was completely fine with going to dinner with her uncle and boyfriend, they had done it before, it was just that something was different. If it was the news she was expecting to receive, he would've just said so.

"It's just a dinner." Jason said, seeing her thoughtful expression. "Besides, nothing can be as bad as the dinner from hell on your birthday." Blair turned to face him, staring at him expectantly. His eyes widened as he realized what he said, throwing his head back and groaning loudly, "Damn it. I just jinxed us."

"Yeah, love." She laughed in resignation, patting him on the knee. "You really did."

********

Blair and Jason stood outside Paesano's, waiting for Jim to arrive before they headed in. When they had first arrived ten minutes before, he had texted her to just go inside, but something held her back.