Chapter Two

(this is still Leo's POV)
The morning after
I woke up the next morning to the sound of music playing from outside. I looked at my alarm clock and immediately sprung up out of my bed. I ran to my closet and grabbed the first shirt and pair of pants that I saw and put them on as quickly as possible. I ran downstairs and grabbed my jean jacket and book bag and ran outside to my bus stop faster than I'd ever ran before. I put my jacket on as I ran and put one of the arms of my bookbag around my arm.

When I got to the bus stop it was too late, my bus had already left without me. I sat on the bench at the stop for a minute, thinking about what I was supposed to do now. That's when a red car drove up in front of me.
"Need a ride?" Jaxon asked from the car.
"Since when are you Superman?" I asked, smiling as I walked to his car.
"Always been, always will be." Jaxon said, smirking. I got in the passenger seat of his car and he drove off to the school.

Music blasted from Jaxon's car as he drove. It was one of those cars without a roof, one that was super popular back in the sixties and stuff. He was playing anything from Weezer to metal music, which was hilarious to me. When we got to the school everyone was staring at us, I assumed it was because we both looked  extremely dope together while also having just fought the night before.

Of course, right when we got out of the car we were approached by Sofia The First wannabe. (I will be referring to her only as stfw from now on.)
"W-w-w-what are y-y-y-you two doing here?" Stfw asked us.
"Are we not allowed to go to school here?" I asked.
"B-b-b-b-but you're t-t-t-together?" Stfw said.
"Are you having a stroke? And yes, we are going to school together, like people who go to school. What do you need?" I replied sharply.
Stfw looked up at Jaxon and grabbed his hand.
"Jaxon, baby, let's go." Stfw said, pulling him with her. Of course, Jaxon pulled away.
"Can you, like, go away? We aren't together, I don't want to be together." Jaxon said. Stfw glared at me and then walked away on the verge of tears.

Jaxon and I looked at each other, then back at her, then at each other again, and we both started laughing. I put an arm around his shoulder and we walked together into the school and into our homeroom classroom. Jaxon and I sat in our seats across the classroom from eachother, I sat by the windows and he sat by the door.

When homeroom ended I was approached by a girl named Melissa. She was shorter than me by almost a foot, so I awkwardly crouched down a bit to see her almost face-to-face.
"Have you seen [stfw] recently? I wanna talk to her." Melissa asked. I shrugged.
"I saw her earlier, she's probably in class now." I answered.
"Thanks I guess." Melissa said before walking out of the classroom.

Jaxon was waiting for me in the doorway. I walked over to him and smiled.
"Can we get out of here, please?" I asked Jaxon. He laughed and took me hand. He walked out of the door, pulling me with him. We ran downstairs together and out into the courtyard of the school. We ran into the streets, still holding eachothers hands as we ran. My heart fluttered in my chest.