everything

Trigger warning.
Unbetaed.

Happy birthday to my peyborit, Byangka. ily. 😘

- - - - - - - - 🌘 - - - - - - - -

It was past eight in the evening.

Thirdy stood up for the nth time. He couldn't count anymore how many times he stood up, peeked at the driveway, and then went back to the couch.

Earlier he said to himself that he would wait up for her until seven. The game that he was watching has already ended and Bea hasn't come home yet. They were texting earlier and she said she'd probably be running late because of a little mishap at work.

So when the game has ended after an overtime and he found nothing interesting to watch on tv after, Thirdy went out of Bea's room and just stayed at their family room where he could see the entrance gate by the window.

Earlier, he could still count how many times he walked back and forth from the couch to the window. But after
twenty, he lost count already.

He grabbed his phone and checked if there were any message or missed calls from her.

Nothing.

Thirdy was getting frustrated. He grabbed the remote control and turned the tv on.

PGA Tour.

Just minutes of watching and Thirdy could already feel his eyes getting heavy. Still, no Bea.

Normally, Bea would have slouched in front of the tv to watch this.

But things have changed.

Thirdy stared at the tv.

Sudden rush of memories on how Bea used to be so enthusiatic playing golf and the times they were out in the golf course came back to him. His appreciation for this sport was because of her. If she would change sports, she probably would have chosen golf. Not basketball.

Thirdy was lost in thought of the past when suddenly, he noticed how the players were unfamiliar. How long has it already been since he last watched golf? The players were all unknown. When the names of the golfers flashed into the screen, he gaped. Nobody looked familiar.

He looked confused that he didn't notice that someone has already entered the room.

"Ravena!! Surprise. Surprise. What brought you here?"

Thirdy glanced at the woman beside him. She was glowing.

She looked tired. Still, she was glowing.

"Surprise, indeed. Where have you been? Haven't seen you in eons."

"Well. Well. Somebody missed me?" She sat beside him and hugged him sideways. "I guess you talked to my mom already?"

"No. It was actually the guard. Spill Beatriz."

It was true. The village guards became all his friends. He used to come here to visit the de Leons, or his relatives and sometimes to play basketball with friends in the village court. So it became the guards' normal greeting whenever they see him.. to which of the three was his agenda.

When Thirdy said to the de Leons, the guard on duty casually mentioned that Bea rarely comes home. And whenever she does, it was over the weekends. Saturday most of the time. And Sunday, she would leave again.

"Well, yeah. Haven't been staying her for awhile now."

"Where were you?"

"The boyfriend?" At first, he thought she looked shy.. the reason why her answer was unsure. But he realized, she was more kilig than being shy.