Chapter 4

.................

Rexy had been out most of the night passing paddocks and letting of soft little grunts, she hadn't seen the humans for a few hours now and it was turning to the next day, she huffed softly and made her way to the next paddock without another thought, she had entered the Galliminus area, she stopped and decided to watch these strange dinosaurs, galivante around and nibble at the grass. "Squirrelly little things. If I was to have one of them I would need to cut them off." She spoke and looked around the area again, in the distance that would be like four or five steps for her stood a grove that she could cute through and catch one out. She turned to looked back at the Galliminus's quietly, all that could be heard was the dinosaurs chirping to each other as they moved up the grass.

A few moments passed and the Tyrant made her way to the grove of trees, each step booming around her as stepped towards her hiding place. When she reached her area, she waited for a moment before letting out a growl which instantly made the Herbivours stop what they were doing and look towards the area on where the sound came from, without taking another moment to think the Galliminus's started to run away from the area.

"Damn it!" Rexy spoke as she saw them run off, she prepped herself before beginning her chase. She ran at her top speed, lowering her head to bite and snap at the Galliminus's who were running from her, she missed a good couple of them given that they were just that little bit quicker then her, when she saw a fallen log.

"I can cut them off there at least!" The Rex mumbled as she continued to run after her prey, in the mist of it were the humans she was after the night before, though she hadn't spotted them at all, her main prioty was the Galliminus's. The three humans had managed to jump and hide behind the log, the only thing that could be seen was the top of their heads as they watched the Rex with intensed stares.
Finally the Rex saw her moment when one of the Galliminus's had tripped over it's own feet and was struggling to get a good speed again, with one swipe of her maw she had her prey in her mouth, she shook the fighting dinosaurs body until there was no movement, placing the corpse on the floor and beginning to eat.

"Can we go now?" Lex asked fearfully but quiet.
"Okay, keep low and follow me." Alan whispered and started to crouch walk away from the scene, Lex close behind, meanwhile Tim was pressing himself against the log watching the Rex eat in awe.
"Look at how much blood...." Tim murmured before getting picked up by Alan and taken away from the scene without another word, all that could be heard as they crouched walked away was a satisfied growl from the Rex as she continued to eat on her prey.

While Rexy was eating her prey, she heard a familar squark, her head rose straight away and looked around, blood dripping off her maw from her kill, she knew those noises from a mile off. "Raptors." She growled and looked down at her half eaten carcuss, she would stay and finish it but she knew that Raptors were not to be messed with, unless they were on their own, in a pack they were deadly. She let out a frustrated huff and walked away from her prey, her tail swishing to each side as she walked. Next thing on her list was to stay out of the Raptors way and find a watering source, sure she loved to feast but it didn't half make her thirsty. Raising her head to the sky, she began to sniff out for the smell of water. There was one in the Galliminus paddock but she couldn't stay there and get her fill as the Raptors were closing in on where she had killed her prey, she needed to at least be in front of them for as long as she could. Her nose picked up a water source scent and she began to follow it, her stomps booming around the area.

"Those damn Raptors, always getting in the way of things." The Tyrant said as she walked towards the watering source, she looked around at where she was. It seemed to be near the vistior centre, she sniffed the air again this time for any other dinosaurs that may be around. Once noticing that no other scents were around her, she relaxed herself and lent down to drink the water, she had to admit for some reason this water was fresher and tastier then hers.

When she had finished, she heard an unfamilar sound of beeping and a loud alarm, she turned away from the water and walked around, she glanced at some of the fences that were still in tack and not been ripped apart by her or the raptors. It was coming from them, her eyes followed the wire to the pole and she saw the familar red light flashing. "Oh great.....Electric fences are coming back.....This is going to be harder now....." She grumbled and let out a snarl, she heard the sound of the eletric inside the wires starting to crackle. "Well one good thing......It may make it harder for those terrible raptors." She gave out a snort and turned back to the water source, there was no sounds of the raptors nearby so for now, she could have a rest. Even there was no sound of the humans, she thought that they might of gotten off the island by now or that the other carnivores might of gotten to them. Rexy scraped the floor a little with her feet, then lowered herself slowly to the ground with a groan and rested her head down. Her eyes grew heavy and she allowed the slumber to take over her, small relaxed sounds came from her as she slept.

..................