Chapter One

I was currently walking to the closest Tim Hortons I knew to get their new creation, the Cold Brew coffee. You might be asking yourself 'How did they do that ?!', well, the only thing I know is that their beans are 100% ethically sourced premium Arabica beans which are steeped for 16 hours. 16 hours !

That’s not all. Customers can also choose the Vanilla Cream Cold Brew, which is probably the one I’ll get first. Yes, I did say first. There’s no way I don’t get to taste both.

I’ve been their most loyal customer for the past 4 years. Before that, I was among the ignorant and used to drink at Starbucks. Since I knew there was lots of sugar in most of their drinks, I wasn’t drinking coffee frequently.

My Tim Hortons’ coffee addiction started one day, when I was running late for work. It wasn’t my habit to be late, but that morning I had trouble waking up. Since I was feeling tired and had a big day of work ahead of me, I decided to stop at the closest thing where they sold coffee and it turned out to be a Tim Hortons.

Ok, I’m getting in… I can feel the excitement already as I’m waiting in line. It’s not too crowded today, there’s only 3 people in front of me. I can see who's greeting and serving the clients; Clara. She’s the one I see the most. Every Mondays and Tuesdays. Oh, it’s my turn ordering now…

“Hey, Ms. Monroe ! You must be here for our new drink, the Cold Brew, right ?” she asks me.

“Of course Clara, you know me too well. Though, today I’m going with the Vanilla Cream Cold Brew, please.”

She doesn’t have the time to respond when a guy says something to her, his voice a little muffled. Then, what Clara says next surprises me.

“Oh no… I’m so sorry Ms. Monroe, we just ran out of that drink. We don’t have enough coffee for it right now. The next batch is here tomorrow…”

After setting my mind up, I say, “It’s fine, don’t worry. I think I won’t be buying something here today, that’s all. Have a nice one !”

I hope she understands that it won’t stop me from going somewhere else to find that dreamy drink.