"Okay, let's just get this over with." The Doctor muttered as the room's attention turned to the screen. It wasn't going to paint River in a good light with all the murder attempts and it wasn't going to be nice reliving her very near-death experience. Oh, that was a sudden thought – the Tardis's emergency programme was going to raise questions. That's something to shove aside until it happened, for now she focused on the start of the video.

[Online Prequel - Tardis]

(The phone is ringing until the answerphone cuts in.)
DOCTOR [OC]: Oh blimey, okay, you probably leave a message at the tone or something. Sorry, I wasn't really trying to do this. I was looking for the mikes. (beep)

"How are you so terrible with certain types of technology still?" Donna asked shaking her head. She wasn't exactly a whiz at it all but the Doctor was hilariously incapable at times for a genius.

The Doctor pouted, "I'm not that bad!"

"Keep telling yourself that Sweetie." River patted her wife's arm in false comfort, making the Doctor turn her offended look on River who only smiled at her wife. They were both apprehensive about the video.

AMY [OC]: Doctor? Doctor, can you hear me? Are you ever going to hear this? You don't even know you've got an answerphone. How can you be so clever and so completely stupid at the same time?

"That's a question we all ask ourselves constantly." Jack nodded in consolidation with Amy who nodded along in false sincerity as the rest of the group dissolved into snickers while the Doctor's protests fell on deaf ears.

If you can hear this, please just pick up the phone. Don't get confused. I'm not invisible or trapped in a space bubble or something. I'm just talking on the answerphone.

"I feel like there is a story behind that." Rose stated, curious eyes turning on Amy.

Amy's grin took on a mischievous, almost evil light. The Doctor quickly scrambled to stop her from speaking, "No! No. Tell them anything and I'll tell them all about the incident." The incident she referred to had occurred during the year she had stayed with them with the cube mess and was agreed to never be spoken about again, even River did not know about the incident.

The blackmail, sorry suggestion, seemed to work as Amy hesitated before shaking her head at Rose. The Doctor turned away pleased, but unnoticed to her (but seen by like everyone else) she mouthed 'I'll tell you later', which satisfied the group.

Just pick up the phone. You said you'd find my baby. You said you'd find Melody. Have you found her? Because you promised.

Amy and Rory both winced at that, they'd never seen their baby again. The closest they'd gotten was in America and they hadn't known at the time. The Doctor had spent time looking for young Melody and she had been right under their noses the entire time. The Doctor also winced, she couldn't help but feel guilty as she hadn't succeeded in finding Melody, or at least not the young version of her she'd been looking for. Instead, an older version had found her (and tried, nearly succeeding in killing her) because that's just how her life worked apparently.

I know she's going to be okay, I know she'll grow up to be River, but it's not the point. I don't want to miss all those years, you know, and I can't stand it. I can't.

The group shifted uncomfortable as the voice message continued, no one was sure what to say in the face of Amy's pleading for her baby. Amy and Rory curled up closer together, in some ways they had missed those years as they hadn't been her parents but in other ways, they had helped raise Mels and had at least been in her life for most of their 'childhood'.