Chapter 6 - Saving Him

Late chapter, sorry!

(Y/n's POV)

As Orieus and I rode towards the Witch's camp, I felt confidence and worry fill my chest. We came to a stop as I got off my horse, gripping my sword as we approached the camp.

They were working around the clock, making weapons, talking, sharpening weapons, all of that. My attention focused on what the Witch was up to. A minotaur was talking to her as she sat on her throne, and my heart started to pound as I laid my eyes on her. Orieus placed a hand on my shoulder, breaking my focus from her.

"I see him. He's over there, tied up by the tree with that dwarf there." I looked over to where he was pointing.

"Let's go. We need to grab him. Now." I said, going back over to my horse.

The wolf we were chasing ran in with a howl. I rode in and knocked out some soldiers and creatures before going over to who I assume is Edmund. He looked battered up and beaten, which was worse.

I carefully removed the gag from his mouth and told him to keep quiet. I lifted him onto my horse and freed him of his bonds. I hopped on.

"Hold onto me, Edmund." I said.

I pulled the reins of my horse forward and kicked her, signaling to run. Luckily we were good enough to go.

"Who are you?" Edmund asked me as we rode off.

"A friend of your siblings, I guess you could say. Aslan would like to have a word with you when we get there!" I said. Orieus and the rest of the soldiers followed in suit.

(Time Skip)
(3rd POV)

After a long time of waiting, Peter steps out of his tent. Orieus was walking by and stopped. Peter looked at him as Orieus directed his gaze in a certain direction. Peter looked to see Aslan, Y/n, and Edmund on a ledge. Aslan seemed to be speaking to him, but nothing could be heard.

Y/n noticed him looking, and stepped away to see him. Y/n hopped down and jogged up to Peter.

Lucy and Susan stepped out of their tent to see Peter, and they notice where he's looking. Lucy, smiling in excitement, saw his brother and went to run to him.
"Edmund!" Lucy shouted in excitement, but Peter stopped her.

Aslan and Edmund looked over at the siblings. Alan finished their conversation witha small nod as Edmund started to come towards them. Aslan stepped down as well.

Y/n stood beside Peter with a hand on her hip, her hair blowing in he slight breeze as she watched Edmund come closer. The younger brother came to his siblings and stopped, looking disappointed and embarrased. Aslan stood beside him and broke the silence.

"What's done is done. Therr is no need to speak to Edmund about what is past."

He walks away. Y/n placed a gentle hand on Edmund's shoulder as he looked down in embarrassment.

"Hello." Edmund mumbled.

Lucy went up to him and gave him a hug, and he actually hugged her back with a relieved smile on his face. Susan hugged him too as they laughed softly. Y/n smiled at the wholesome moment of a family.

"Are you alright?" Susan asked his little brother.

"I'm a little tired," he responded, a small smile resided on his face.

"Get some sleep." Peter said, gesturing to his tent behind him. Edmund sighed slightly and started to walk that way.

Y/n reassured Peter with a gentle hand on his shoulder. Peter turned to Edmund and called to him.

"And Edmund," he added, making Esmund turn his way. "Try not to wander off."

Edmund smiled and walked to his tent.

Lucy then hugged Y/n's legs and smiled. "Thank you so much..." she said softly.

"Of course, Lucy. I know how worried you guys were." Y/n said, patting her back.

"Y/n?" Peter asked.

"Yes?"

"Can I have a moment with you? Alone?" Peter asked the warrior.

Y/n's expression was confused for a slight second, and Lucy pulled away from her.

"Sure." Y/n said. "Where to?"

"Follow me," the young knight said.

Peter led Y/n out to the edge of the camp and found a beautiful view across the world of Narnia. Peter stopped and took a deep breath.

"Peter? Is something wrong?" Y/n asked.

"Y/n. I... I can't thank you enough for everything. And... I can't explain how I feel towards you. But... well."

Peter was having a hard time forming words. Y/n was confused for a bit as the young man tried to form the right words. He grabbed her hands, and she looked back up at him, a small blush played on her cheeks.

"P-Peter?" Y/n said with a stutter.

"Y/n... I think I love you." Peter said softly as he pulled her close. Y/n felt her chest ride with heat and could hear her heart beat in her ears.

"Peter... I..." Peter quieted her by placing a soft finger on her lips and pulling her close and sorely closed the distance between them. Y/n's eyes softly closed as she fell I to it and wrapped her arms around his neck. It was full of passion and felt the sparks fly between them.

Peter pulled them away, and Y/n smiled.

"I think I love you too, Peter." Y/n replied. She leaned against his chest and just held each other.

This was definitely a moment for both of them, and they were definitely enjoying the moment right here. Right now.

_________
It's kind of a short chapter, but it's the best I can do! I hope y'all liked it!

~Jay💕