"Prongs will get over it. One day he'll be Lily's number one and all will be right in his world." Ellie was trying not to think about the fact that he still had a hold of her, "Until then, his ego will just have to be slightly bruised, whilst yours inflates itself to twice the size of your head."

    "I don't ask you to worship at my feet, you just can't help yourself." Sirius teased playfully, finally letting the beautiful girl go so that he was able to lie down next to her, "Though it goes both ways, so I guess we're both gonna have problems with self-superiority."

    "I love it when we bond over our God-complexes."

Moving Snuffles to sit on her stomach, Ellie sighed as she fiddled with the dog's ears, her feet going back to bobbing along with the unknown melodies in her head. Sirius found himself staring at her again, but this time, he wasn't concerned with if she caught him. Somehow, she was making what could- would be a very awful situation a good one. Whilst there had been ups and downs already on this trip, he'd never had such happy times at Grimmauld Place. He'd never stifled laughter over dinner at his Aunt and Uncle's; he'd never been so comfortable in his room.

In fact, the times like these had been heavenly.

He couldn't remember the last time they'd gotten so much undisturbed time in each other's presence, for there was always someone else around, or homework to do, or a prank to plan. Even trapped in the closest thing he knew to a prison, Sirius found himself revelling in this time he got her attention solely on him. It was selfish, but he couldn't care less about that.

    "I'm sorry they kept being cruel today." That was the only thing that was ruining it all, his family. If they just didn't have to be around, just didn't have to exist, Sirius' world would be as close to perfect as anyone could get.

    "You have nothing to apologise for." Ellie didn't even take a breath before replying, "Is that what all your dinners are like?"

She was more than curious, but imagining Sirius stuck by himself amongst all the adults discussing business and marriage, made her stomach churn. It wasn't fair that he had to endure that. Ellie couldn't understand how he'd turned out so different to the rest of them, how he wasn't the product of the environment he'd grown up in, but she could answer her own question quite easily - his rebellious nature didn't allow him to conform.

    "Pretty much..." Sirius sighed, "Though dad doesn't normally speak up like that."

There was a small silence, not an uncomfortable one, just one where they both lay stuck in the same confusion. Ellie tilted her head to the side to let her eyes meet stormy grey.

    "He was defending me, wasn't he?" She asked carefully, not wanting to hit a nerve in making it seem like Orion cared more for her than he did for his own son. But that's exactly what it seemed like.

    "You know? He used to be alright- My dad..."

Ellie's nearest hand instinctively found its way towards the handsome boy when she sensed the atmosphere thicken. Her fingers weaved themselves around his, making sure that she could hold his hand tightly as her eyes kept a careful watch of his features. A guilty feeling always sat itself in her stomach when Sirius spoke like this, because she couldn't help but feel as if she was constantly forcing him to share things with her. She didn't want to be invasive like that, but her curious nature couldn't stop her from always asking questions, always pushing to know what was going on inside his head.

Though she knew, if he really didn't want her to know something (and there had been many occasions this had occurred) he'd make it very clear she needed to shut up. And so, Ellie let him speak when he was willing to, because selfishly, she much preferred Sirius Black when his walls where mostly down.