The Ice Queen

Prologue:

My first encounter with ice was my best one yet. My best one, yes, but my worst at the same time. I never knew it but ice was like my best friend. Especially when winter came, ice made me happy.

It went like this: It was a cold winter day in classic Minnesota. I was walking home with my friends, Kimberly and Amber. We were 7 year-olds at that time.

We were walking along the bridge to our neighborhood when suddenly this gigantic truck almost hit us. I don't know how or why but after the truck zoned by, I found myself rolling down the cliff underneath the bridge.

Maybe I lost consciousness, I don't know but hours later, I found my self on a lake, shaking my guts out because of the cold.

I got out of the snow and went to the side where trees were plenty. Again I don't know how but I managed to keep warm. Maybe it's because of the survival books that I read or simply the documentaries that I watched but even so, I was warm and alive.

A few hours later I was shaking again and when I opened my eyes after a nap, it was snowing lightly. At that time, snow was very rare for me to see. My mom said that I had a frail body that tires weakly and they can't afford me to get sick.

I stood up unsteadily and and walked around. To my surprise, the lake has frozen! I went over to the lake and stepped on it. It was so steady! No creak whatsoever!

I laughed and put in my other foot. I slided my foot in front of another and the next thing I knew, I was skating. I did a little 8, I did a little jump, I did things that I usually do whenever I slide down the smooth floors.

I was so happy that I was tired again. I walked over to the tree again and slept. The next time I woke up, I was at the hospital with all these worried faces next to me.

There was my mom, my dad, my big brother Lucas, my Uncle Tom, my Aunt May, Kimberly and Amber. Once I opened my eyes, they became this set of faces that made you feel guilty for being the source of their sorrow.

After that, they gave me much more attention. After 3 days, Uncle Tom and Aunt May left and we were alone again.

After that, I was never outside alone again. I never stayed out of the cold for too long. But if I did, it was because we were waiting for something or someone.

After that they forbid me to go to anything Ice-related. They think I was traumatized after that incident. Truth is, I'm not. I fell in love with ice actually. It hurts me to be away from it for too long. That's why you see me the happiest when winter comes. I just am but I feel bad,really. Ice is ice, nothing more. But I wish at some times that ice was a real live human being. Someone who can support me, laugh with me, cry with me, a best friend.

I don't know how I got to be known as the Ice queen. I remembered when everything just fell into place. When my parents knew that I was skating and my friends was good to me again. But all of this wouldn't have happened if I didn't fall in the first place.

Somehow, I'm grateful to God or whoever is the cause of having winter. My family isn't though.

This is a story of how I, Janelle Avril, came to be the Ice Queen.

A/N: Warning! Everything here is pure fiction. The lake and place is fiction except for Minnesota. Minnesota's real, okay? Enjoy! Please fan me? Or comment? or vote? or add to your reading list?

Thanks?