Chapter 1

It was dark, the sound of metal clanking and bashing as I traveled up in a rusted metal cage. 

Finally the cage almost reached the top but it didn't stop. 

Fear spreading across my whole body with the anticipation that it will hit, and this would be the end. But it wasn't.

As the box stopped I felt my whole body jolt as the force of the box stopping lifted me up into the air. I was petrified. 

-

Suddenly the box opened and I was temporarily blinded from the blazing, hot sun. A muscular figure jumped into the box, he couldn't have been more then 17 or 18, and pulled me up by my shirt and said "looks like we've got a girl!"

I hadn't realised when the box first opened but a massive crowd of maybe 30 people surrounded me. As I started to pay more attention to every detail of the people around me, I eventually realised the I was the only girl there. Not a single girl was there apart from me.

Once the boy had said those 6 words, all I could hear was murmurs coming from the crowd, you could sense the confusion in the air. 

"Day one greenie, lets see how you'll do in the kitchen" said the boy

"Ayyyy good one Gally!" said a few of the people in the crowd.

"Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I am any less capable then you!" I said with the most sass I have ever used.

"Oooo got a bit of a feisty one here Alby" Gally said with the widest smirk on his face. Just looking at him made me want to punch him.

"A girl huh?" Alby questioned. 

I could immediately tell Alby was the one in charge. There was no doubt about that. 

"heh yeah, I bet she will be like an umbrella in a hail storm, useless" Gally laughed as he pushed me out of the cage and threw me to the floor.

The moment he said those words, I stood up to be completely eye level with him. That's when I did the first thing that came into my head, I punched him. I punched him as hard as I could. 

The whole crowd gasped and they stood there completely shocked at what had just happened.

I didn't regret it one bit. No one deserves to be spoken to and treated the way he treated me.

Just as I had just started to realise what had just happened when Gally stood up and punched so hard I immediately blacked out.

-

I woke up in what seemed to be a wooden house. I was laying on a not so comfortable bed with a small but soft blanket placed over me. As I laid there, I decided to take in my surroundings, I could hear the tapping of light rain against the roof of the hut and the smell of the the fire outside slowly being put out by the rain. 

That's when a small boy, only around 13 or 14, entered the room I was in.

"Hey my name is Chuck, I saw you took quite a beating out there." Chuck stated.

"Heh yeah I guess that wasn't the smartest move. But it's nice to meet you Chuck. You seem the be the only nice one here" I joked.

"You get used to some of them, but most people here aren't like Gally so you won't have to worry about them." Chuck answered.

"well that's one positive out of this whole situation I guess" I moaned.

"Hey I almost forgot to ask you, do you remember anything about yourself?" Chuck asked

I hadn't really taken the time to think about who I was before this situation, or maybe I had been avoiding it but I couldn't remember anything, except for one thing. My name.

"Not really the only thing I can remember is my name. It's Jade by the way" I slowly said trying to figure out anything else.

"Well you were out for quite a while and it's almost dark so it's probably best you get some rest. Alby will be come in the morning to give you the grand tour." Chuck yawned.

So that's what I did. Although I couldn't help but notice my stomach rumbling throughout the time I spent trying to get to sleep. I struggled to fall asleep with my mind racing and questioning everything. Why am I here? And why can't I remember anything?

-

Author note:

Hey everyone! Thank you for taking the time to read my first every chapter. I do hoped you enjoyed it, I will be uploading every Sunday so stay tuned for new chapters every week.

Finally what will Jade find out when she takes the grand tour of the galde? And who will she meet along the way? Find out next chapter :)