Back to the Lookout

*Natrator's POV*
After that day, Ryder called Jake and Everest to meet him at the Lookout whiole he observed from above, knowing that Chase and Marshall already told the others what happened yesterday at the Town Hall. Once they arrived, Ryder began to tell them about the new mayor and the fact that he wants ALL of the Paw Patrol out of Adventure Bay.

That included Everest.

"Woah, hang on a minute dude! He can't do that?! Isn't there supposed to be a vote or something going on before being elected as mayor?"

"I'm afraid not Jake... Mayson Goodway is Mayor Goodway's older brother. I may not know how the process would work, but it seemed that whoever is older gets the title of 'mayor', but what doesn't sit well with me is that: if Mayson Goodway is the rightful mayor of Adventure Bay, then why is he only being present now instead of all the past years of Mayor Goodway being—well—Mayor Goodway of Adventure Bay?"

With Ryder being a naturally curious type of individual, it was only right to ask about these sorts of topics to Jake, who have been longer in Adventure Bay than him. He then explained to the young 10-year-old about how the system works, and how they would elect the next mayor to be in Adventure Bay.

It just so happens that since the Goodways were leading them better than any other founding families back then, according to his late-grandfather, hence why they voted for the Goodways every time there would be an election held up in the City Hall.

Everest excused herself, since she wanted to see the other pups since it's been such a LONG time since she last saw them, especially a certain dalmatian pup she had in mind, so she would leave Jake to discuss whatever it was with Ryder as she headed over to where the rest of the pups were. But when she got there, all of them looked gloomy, and she didn't know why: so she asked, but the answer she got made her growl and instinctively show her fangs a little. This worried most of the pups, especially Marshall: since he knows for a fact that Everest can be deadly whenever she gets angry.

"I'll bite his head off!"

"Wait, Everest! Wait!" Marshall began to step in front of her way. And thou Everest tried to get past him, he just didn't budge, so she stubbornly sat down as Marshall tries to calm him down.

"Everest, please stay calm."

"How can I be calm at a time like THIS, Marshall?!?? No wonder Ryder called Jake to bring me over: that's it! They're going to get rid of us!"

"Everest, please think about this: Would Ryder REALLY listen to that new mayor and kick us all out of Adventure Bay?" Everest began to ponder on what Marshall said, and throughout the years that she's been with both Ryder and Jake, she never once doubted them for ever leaving her.

"You're right..." She sighed, finally calming herself down: much to everyone and to Marshall's relief. She then looked apologetically at all of them and to Marshall.

"I'm sorry I acted out again..."

"It's alright Everest, we all knew that, that was going to be our initial reaction when Chase and Marshall broke the news to us at first. We let our emotions out a bit, without thinking that Ryder loves all of us that he's not gonna get rid of us that easy..." Skye reasoned, while Everest felt a little better, hearing that from her friends.

------------------------------

"So, what would be your answer when they go here after the week's over, dude?" Jake asked, as Ryder's expression was unreadable as ever. He knew that he won't give his pups up.

He couldn't. He loves them all too much.

On the other hand, he's only 10 years old. No one would accept them if they chose to leave Adventure Bay. Added to that: this is the only home that he knows off.

Where would they go?

What would they do?

How will he take care of them once they're out of Adventure Bay?

It was a hard decision: allow them to stay but they'll leave the only home they know off, or allow them to be on a better place knowing that he'll never see them again and would probably hate him for doing that to them...

"I guess... I guess we'll have to wait 'till the end of the week for them to have my answer then." He knowingly smile, as Jake nod his head as they both began to go outside of the tower to catch some air and to look below to see the pups all asleep that night, all cuddled up together.

Time.

I just need time to think of something... Ryder thought, as he hoped that there's some sort of sign that he can look into and to know which choice he's going to choose.