" She couldn't come this morning. You'll see her soon. Okay?"

"Okay" she mushed my cheeks together. "Davey Bear are you taking me to school or summer? Because I don't want her to take me" she whispered the last part.

"LIL GIRL!!"

"See! She always loud" she covered her ears.

"Zhuri" I pulled her hands from her ears. "I need you to listen to me and don't get sad. okay?"

"Okay" she mushed my cheeks again.

"Fuck" I mumbled

"Bad word."

"Your mom- I can't. I'm taking her Summer. Zhuri hurry up go grab my shoes your coming with me." I put her down.

"Yayyyyy"

"Dave"

"I don't care Summer. I'm not letting her mother anywhere near her. Not even for a second."

Zhuri quickly came back with her shoes and a jacket "come on lil bit" I picked her up

"Dave."

"Summer I'm -"

"DAVE THEY'RE HERE. You need to go now."

"How ima get outta here?? You live in the projects nigga. One way in with yo big headed ass."

"See that's that rich nigga shit. Go down stairs go out the side door and cross over to the other building. NOW!" She pushed me out the door. "Take the stairs because I know that junkie not walking to the 8th floor."

"Hit me when you hear from Z." She yelled after me.

"Davey where we going??"

"Wanna go see Ms.Deb??"

"Yes!!" She screamed  I pulled her booster seat from my trunk and she strapped herself in. Once she was secure I slowly pulled off not wanting to draw attention to myself.

SUMMER

Loud knocks sounded on my door I took deep breaths before pulling the door open. "Oh no sir! I do not talk to feds ever but especially not this damn early in the morning."

"Good thing We don't really need to talk much." A female officer smiled.

"Where's my daughter bitch?"

"Linda Listen. Don't get bold in front of these officers. I don't know where Zendaya is but I do know she wouldn't want you popping up around her... bitch" I smirked

"nobody is looking for that disappointment I know Zhuri is here."

"She isn't."

"That's her Sunflower duffle." she pointed behind me.

"Youuu in my business. Don't do that." I blocked the view of my apartment. "Now like I said she isn't here."

"Then why is her bag?" The officer asked.

"Because I babysit her a lot so I keep a bag of her stuff here. Anything else?"

"We were told she was here. Can we search your apartment?"

"Of course officer, soon as you get a warrant."

"Let's not make this hard. If I have to get a warrant I'm coming back with 8 other officers to tear this place apart."

"Ohhhh, you gonna turn shit upside down?" I laughed

"Summer I just want my daughter back."

"Hoe please. Like I said ... she's not here. She's with Brandon."