Sick days

I laid in our bed and looked over at langa. He was sleeping peacefully and I nudged him. I coughed into my hand and he curled up. He grumbled some nonsense and then fell back into a deep sleep.

I rolled over and blew my nose in a tissue. "Langa~" I cried out dramatically and he rolled over onto his stomach "What?" He said in an irritated voice. I pouted "I don't feel good. You got me sick." Langa had been sick the week before and I thought I was in the clear...guess not.

His hand patted my face, finally landing on my forehead. It stayed there for a second and I coughed into my hand. "It's just a cold, you'll be fine." He mumbled and then turned away. I looked at his flowy hair and moved closer to him. I curled up and tried to breath out of my mouth.

I woke up a few hours later, sweating bullets in an empty bed. I sat up and threw my shirt off, onto the floor. I saw Langa walk out of the bathroom and he walked over to me. "Aww you got the sweats, let me get you some medicine." He leaned down and kissed my forehead. I couldn't help but smile as I waited for him to walk back in.

I sat up against the mound of pillows and he walked in with a cup and a tiny orange pill. "Here it's just some Tylenol, it should help a little." I took it quickly and looked at him. "Langa, I don't love you right now." I leaned forward and he stayed quiet "Why not?" He asked and I looked up. "You got me sick, you stupid idiot, all because you wanted to kiss me."

He looked to the side "Well you accepted them." I eyed him "what's that supposed to me?" "Nothing!....but you, you know...could've pushed me away." His voice lowered as he talked and I pushed him "Alright out." He smiled and left the room quietly.

He walked in an hour later with a bowl and placed it on the table. He leaned over and gave me a quick kiss before pressing our foreheads together. "Aww my baby's so warm, what am I going to do with you?" I smiled sleepily and looked at the bowl of soup beside me "You didn't make this right?"

"Yep handmade." I grit my teeth together and then looked up him "Okay I love you but you can't make me eat that." Langa laughed softly "I'm kidding, I bought it at that place down the street." I let out a sigh of relief and he sat down at my feet. "Is my cooking really that bad?" My eyes widened "Yes."