"i think i love you" ~ tate langdon

y/n pov

"tate im bored" i said to my blonde friend. tate was my next door neighbor, although i never see him outside of my house, which i think is a little strange but i don't mind, he's a good friend to me, sure he is a little crazy, but he's great nonetheless.
"wanna play uno?" he held up a deck of cards. i slightly winced. "monopoly?" he said noticing the bored look on my face.
"lets go somewhere" i said, thinking of all the places we could go.
tates jaw tensed slightly, but i just ignored it.
"we could see a movie, go to the skate park, we could go down to the beach!" i sat up now thinking about what a fun time we could have at all these places. but my smile fell when i saw tates face.
I couldn't tell exactly what he was feeling, i couldnt tell of he was angry or sad or excited.

"tate?"
"i dont know, im kinda tired" he fake-yawned. "can we just stay here?"
i sighed. "we always stay here." i lay back down on my bed staring up at the ceiling. "i've never even been to your house."
He moved over closer to me and lied down next to me staring up at the ceiling now too.
"your house is cooler" he said. "besides we dont need to go places to have fun."
"i know but, we just always stay here." i said getting frustrated. "i dont know why we cant just go to the park or something for once."
He sat up and stared at me. I sat up too.
"why dont you wanna go places?" i asked. "are you allergic to the sun or somethkng?" i chuckled.
He looked sad for a moment and then suddenly got up.
"tate?" i asked confused.
"im sorry." he said and ran out of my room.
"Tate!" i called after him. "Tate! Wait!"
i ran down the staircase after him but by the time i got to the bottom he was gone.
did i say something wrong? does he hate me now? i didnt mean to make him feel bad. he is my best friend, and honestly i kind of like him. like LIKE like him.
"tate?" i called one more time, quieter this time. i sighed and felt tears well up. i ran up the stairs back to my room and slammed the door. i fell onto my bed and started crying.

tate pov

"tate!" i watched y/n run down the stairs, of course i made myself invisible. i felt bad, but i couldnt let her see me.
she stopped at the bottom of the stairs and called my name once more. this time it was quieter and her voice broke a little. 
she ran back up the stairs and i could see tears start to roll down her face. my heart sunk. i didn't mean to hurt her, which is strange, because usually all i want to do is hurt people. but for y/n, it was different, she made me feel different. for once in my miserable "life", she made me feel something i never felt before. love. and hurting her felt like a bullet through the chest.
i had to make things right. i couldnt stand lying to her, but i just had to be with her. being without her would be eternal torture.
i ran back up the stairs and made my way to y/n's bedroom door. it was closed. i remember when this was my room, i would close the door all the time when i was upset. i opened the door and saw her curled up on her bed facing away from me. i could see her body shake as she sobbed. i could feel tears of my own welling up. i had to tell her the truth. she deserved that much from me. i just hope that she understands. i wouldnt be able to stand losing her.

y/n pov

i curl up on my bed and sob into my comforter. does he not like me? does he just like my house or something? why cant he just be honest with me? am i asking too much from him?
i thought i heard something creak but its probably nothing, i sniffle and continue to cry.
"y/n?" tate asks quietly.
oh my god, tates back, hes watching me cry, he probably thinks im being too sensitive.
i sit up only half facing him.
"y/n im sorry i ran off." he walked to my bed and sat down next to me. "theres a lot you dont know about me."
i looked up at him now.
"i want to tell you i really do" his face fell "but im scared you wont think of me the same."
"its okay tate." i smiled slightly now knowing he doesnt hate me. "you dont have to tell me until youre ready,"
he smiled slightly but still looking at me with eyes full of melancholy.
"im sorry im such a mess" i say suddenly embarassed by my tear stained face. "i dont know why im so emotional"
"no. its okay." he said pulling me close to him rubbing my shoulder. "i shouldnt have reacted the way i did."
i wish i could stay in this moment forever. i've never been so close to him before.
"y/n" he said looking into my eyes now. "i wanna tell you something."
i looked up at him, slightly worried, but intrigued.
"what is it?" i ask.
"i think i love you." he says.

" he says